IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks again.
It's a good read. And very scary, the things that were going on then...

I can't be sure that I found the word you're alluding to. "He suddenly felt the need for Meade" was fun though. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hint: where he lauds the Russian astrophysicist, calls him
a g _ _ _ !!

;^>
New I completely missed that. Neat. Thanks.
New But, the OED says...
he wasn't first. ;-)

http://oook.info/oed/geek.html

Neat.

Cheers,
Scott.
New As I've maintained re the "quote" rituals, all along--
Nothing New under the Sun {{apropos in This context, eh?}}

ie.
Whatever we imagine We Just Thought-Up.. likely Has been said (even in Aramaic.)
I meant: 'geek' as applied to all those preemies who grokked sodiumethylmercurithiosalicylate ... as teens; many such in IT and .. ulp, Here!

Unclear if Heinlein's association with the word extended to lizard-biters or ... was focussed on Techno-geeks (as I surmise.)
Thus: just maybe an early-on appropriation of the genre --> the Specific, as techno-geek. Rest case.
New Makes sense. Thanks.
     TOD: The End of Peak Oil - (Another Scott) - (23)
         'For a successful technology, reality must take precedence - (Ashton)
         PS: Peak Gold, anyone? - (Ashton) - (21)
             Interesting linkies, thanks. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                 Hey.. I've been touting That Story for eons.. - (Ashton) - (19)
                     :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         PS (and too..) There's one modrin-cliche-word, near the end - (Ashton) - (6)
                             Thanks again. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Hint: where he lauds the Russian astrophysicist, calls him - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     I completely missed that. Neat. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         But, the OED says... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             As I've maintained re the "quote" rituals, all along-- - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Makes sense. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Every time he says lemming - (crazy) - (10)
                         Uhoh - (crazy) - (9)
                             Sigh - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Share that view of Heinlein, of course.. - (Ashton)
                                 Wondermark #914 - (Another Scott)
                             black gun = assault weapon - (lincoln) - (5)
                                 so when you paiint your penis black does it work different? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     you are so purposely missing the point - (lincoln) - (3)
                                         he sez as he rushes to the store for black paint -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                             You need sound-effects for this micro-scale of doggerel - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 uncle Si? -NT - (boxley)

Kikkoman *punch*!
59 ms