IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's security got to do with wireless access?
Or phones for that matter.
New Do you have a smart phone?
If not, then realize this, they are a coveted piece that many people/organizations are trying to target for you personal data.

Many people have all their Facebook/Google+/Other contacts in there, with phone numbers, *real* e-mail, even physical addresses.

Also, you might have a credit card or two involved with Google Play or other "for pay" applications (pandora, nytimes, wall street journal, etc)

The new target of today is not the newest latest website... though they still matter, but the Phone in the hands of dumb people that don't care what the warning says... they just want what they want.

Allowing a "random" company to have access to control your phone for you... is not something that is small potatoes. Its the MAIN COURSE. If things are not done properly and transparently and securely... well, you just might as well give all your credit and money to me, since I can use it, rather than some 3rd uninterested party. At least with you giving it all to me, you get the satisfaction that I'll have paid off my House and Hospital Bills, rather than 40 bottles of Champagne for a orgy party.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
     Found a great app for android - (Bman) - (19)
         Looks cool, but security? - (drook) - (15)
             What's security got to do with wireless access? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Do you have a smart phone? - (folkert)
             Re: Looks cool, but security? - (Bman) - (12)
                 Well ... - (drook) - (11)
                     Looks like local only based on the 192.x address - (crazy) - (10)
                         Yes... but - (folkert) - (9)
                             Hmm ... - (drook) - (2)
                                 Re: Hmm ... - (folkert)
                                 Not assumes, requires. -NT - (crazy)
                             Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Because technically they can see it. - (folkert) - (4)
                                     Re: Because technically they can see it. - (Bman) - (3)
                                         I already admitted that in post #372288 -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                                             No you didn't - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 Its a fine program, as far as I can tell. For now. - (folkert)
         The free app every android owner should install - (Bman) - (2)
             Don't think I'll be trying it. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 See post 372288 - (folkert)

Where's my rapid fire?
75 ms