IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He pulled his punches.
http://www.eschatonb...-happen-when.html from May 31, 2012:

What Do You Expect Will Happen When People Have No Jobs And No Money

I knew we had a wee housing bubble because I knew that not enough people possibly had enough money to really afford that many houses at bubble prices. Similarly, I know the economy is going to continue to recover slowly, if it all, because people don't have jobs and money. I also know that if you deliberately enact policies with the obvious consequences of making large numbers of your population jobless, such as firing large numbers of public sector workers, then newly unemployed and broke people aren't going to spend any money because they don't have any.

The people who rule the world have jobs and money. They don't know what it's like to go from living paycheck to paycheck to living with no paycheck. They support the policies that they do because they cannot comprehend the obvious consequences of this.

Probably they're evil, too, but we'll never fully resolve that question...

or, in 140 characters - https://twitter.com/...26680717068484608

"Shit Is Fucked Up And Bullshit" is a much better slogan than my generation's "Where's The Beef?"

Yup.

:-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New Maybe.. but, you can't use words like sh*t when wearing
your *Credentialed* hat:
It offends the academics/intellectuals and suggests.. a limited vocabulary; besides:
the substantial-Difference between Bizness majors and 'Economics' majors is:

The bizness droids are {merely and always} striving to discover new ways to foil any sane regulations which confound their over-developed reptile brains aka: It's All about Me-Me-Me
-and-
The Econ folk (imagine that they) are all about designing algorithms for a decent/livable society [Well, the Decent ones are]
and only the Best of these have copped to the truth that: *there is no such thing as, "The Market" == that mythical Thing
--which needs no outside/socially-responsible: CONTROLS.

* An excellent synopsis on Moyers, last night (here):

Taming Capitalism Run Wild
Economist Richard Wolff on economic justice; journalist Saru Jayaraman ("Behind the Kitchen Door") on the pay and working conditions within the restaurant industry.

Or, simpler (if I have properly distilled countless 'essays' over the eons--til I can't stand to add one more):
There is NO ALGORITHM for designing a Livable society; Reason and Wisdom, applied frequently IS ALL the tool box we have for eternal vigilance.

The formula-seekers are soo mentally-fucked, they aren't even wrong.
This is BAD for mentally lazy and innumerate Muricans: they haven't ANY tools for the massive reorganization coming, via difficult, painful planning or ... by nasty mob action.

{{sigh}}

So Glad I'm not 30ish with 2.2 children and imagining ... ... that Murican Dreamscape.. just around the corner!
The 1% possesses neither shame nor scruples--merely calcified-Greed. I see: I see ... strife enroute;
no fine temperate words shall alter their solipsism: Blood will, because they have compromised in the past,
but only when Forced.

Aux Barricades!
     Customers are disappearing - (Ashton) - (13)
         He pulled his punches. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Maybe.. but, you can't use words like sh*t when wearing - (Ashton)
         Regarding your footnote.... - (dmcarls) - (10)
             So totally depressing -NT - (drook)
             The last paragraph - "Romania". - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Er, sort of, yes, no. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     I have only heard the stuff in the background. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         the horse meat had hyarg levels of drugs - (boxley) - (5)
                             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Hadn't heard that - (drook) - (3)
                                 Re: Hadn't heard that - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     "le wazoo". Love it. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 The drug-testing is the story here. -NT - (static)

Shpongle.
108 ms