IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah but baseball feels like a whole day
Three hours or more for a slow game is tedious. Even more so when you're there live. (I don't know. I can think of many other things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon during the summer than be at a baseball game.) At least watching the games on TV allows you to flip around to eleviate the boredom.

Never cared much for cricket. Same with football (soccer).

Hockey, baby, hockey!
lister
New Compared w/hockey, everything is in slow motion.
My Uncle coached basketball (now retired). I have three cousins who coach basketball, one an athletic director.

Two of my uncles were up visiting one May (including the one who was, at the time, a coach) and I got them to watch just one NHL game on tv. My uncle's comments:

"Wow. This game is fast."
(20 seconds later)
"Damn, look at that! Defense to offense back to defense in 10 seconds!"
(10 seconds later)
"Holy Cow! I can see how you just get hooked on this and can't take your eyes off of it!"

And none of us did take our eyes off of it, until intermission. He called me up about a month later and as we chatted, he started complaining about how much slower his players were that year than in previous years. I asked him if he had continued to watch the playoffs and he said he had. I said, "That's your problem. You're comparing the pace of college basketball to hockey." He laughed and agreed.

He retired two years later and guess what? He lives in Boston and has Bruin season tickets!

Bloody hell. That's *Fast*. - (pwhysall) - (13)
         Yes it is... - (bepatient) - (3)
             But the one-day matches only last ... one day. - (Meerkat)
             Yeah but baseball feels like a whole day - (lister) - (1)
                 Compared w/hockey, everything is in slow motion. - (mmoffitt)
         cricket is easy to explain - (boxley) - (6)
             I like it! Er, what are beaners? -NT - (Meerkat) - (1)
                 pitcher/bowler deliberatly aiming for the head of the batter -NT - (boxley)
             Naah, it's easy - (drewk) - (3)
                 Good grief. - (pwhysall)
                 Worse than I imagined.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Yeah, tops, isn't it! - (Meerkat)
         Of course, trust us Aussies to say 'Nah, we're better' - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Baseball speed - (ben_tilly)

China...
64 ms