IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Addendum.
The guy on the show I was trying to recall was Bill Fletcher, Jr. I can't find video of his segment on the show, but he made similar arguments in this essay - http://www.alternet....ng-him?paging=off

The 2012 Elections Have Little To Do With Obama's Record … Which Is Why We Are Voting For Him

The 2012 election will be one of the most polarized and critical elections in recent history.

August 9, 2012

Let’s cut to the chase. The November 2012 elections will be unlike anything that any of us can remember. It is not just that this will be a close election. It is also not just that the direction of Congress hangs in the balance. Rather, this will be one of the most polarized and critical elections in recent history.

Unfortunately what too few leftists and progressives have been prepared to accept is that the polarization is to a great extent centered on a revenge-seeking white supremacy; on race and the racial implications of the moves to the right in the US political system. It is also focused on a re-subjugation of women, harsh burdens on youth and the elderly, increased war dangers, and reaction all along the line for labor and the working class. No one on the left with any good sense should remain indifferent or stand idly by in the critical need to defeat Republicans this year.

[...]

I think he (and his coauthor Davidson) make a strong case.

Cheers,
Scott.
New beg to disagree and I think y'all were steamrolled
what was the turnout of the electorate 60%? if the remianing hate the dems and repos voted for Jill Stein she would be the president today. If everyone who held their nose and voted for Obama voted for Jill it would be a landslide. The sheeple have been well trained. PZ wrote a blog entry about why he didnt vote green because they didnt have local organization. That just mean americans are lazy. You dont like the local machine fuckem, start a new machine.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Hmm...
I'm generally nervous of candidates for national office that have not held important elective office before.

According to Wikipedia, Stein's elective office background consists of 2 terms on the Lexington Town Meeting board for Precinct 2. The Lexington Town Meeting consists of lots and lots of people - http://ci.lexington....ctedofficials.cfm Just Precinct 2 has 21 members. It looks like a community association to me, though with members who have more responsibilities than your usual subdivision association.

She may be a fine person, but she has nothing in her background that indicates she can function effectively heading a multi-trillion dollar organization.

A president isn't a king and can't do anything without allies in Congress. She has none.

It's fine to say that "Americans are lazy". But it's also fine to say, "Why should I vote for her for President when she can't even win a state-wide race in her home state?" Her job is convince the voters, not the other way around.

Cheers,
Scott.
New HA!
Now being a community organizer isn't fitting background for a President?
New He was elected to the IL Senate and served there '97-'04. :)
New fify
He was elected to the IL Senate and abstained there '97-'04. :)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New well duh...
Apparently, there was nothing he was willing to fight or argue for. This is a surprise?
New Having monitored for some time . . .
. . Nick Petrele's Var Linux web site - lair of right fringe, climate change denying, "intelligent design" spouting "biblical fundamentalists", I can assure you racism is the core driving force here. Of course, they absolutely refuse to recognize it has any influence at all.

The level of intellectual dishonesty over there is just stunning to behold. A real fun one is that any criticism of Israel is treason, but, of course, they hate Jews.

I presume this is the rule rather than the exception among "conservatives" (a synonym for "morons", actually).

Oh, and by the way, the King James Bible is the absolute unalterable True Word of God. All other versions, including the original Aramaic and Greek texts are creations of the Devil, designed to deceive.

Just thought you'd want to know.
New That's a scary place.
I just poked around a little over there. "DeletedUsers" has the #2 ranking on the list of number of posts. :-/

It seems to be Paul Hubert's site. Who ever he is...

Oh well.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Technically it's Petrele's site . . .
. . but he's not been financially able to maintain it, so was going to shut it down, but some other guy bailed it out earlier this year.

Hubert is an administrator and does most of the posting. He's an extremely extreme "born again" literal fundy who claims direct and personal interaction with God. There are other posters there even more off the deep end.
New And the word - from Petrele himself . . .
. . (he posts under the name "The Rogue Tomato").

That’s it. We’re fucked. Game over, man. The fix was in.

Followed by a very long biblical section saying not to worry, that Jesus will make it all right again.
New He was such a great talent. It's a shame...
New Very true.
I wonder if there is a parallel universe in which he didn't have a wife with fidelity and religious issues where he still the bright, informative, and reasonable person I remember. There has to be SOME point to parallel universes, right?
New Romney...
Had about a 1 in 9 chance of being President. So non-trivial... but also NOT the neck-n-neck race the Media had Murica believe.

There was no FIX ever.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Oh, but there certainly was . . .
. . in the fantasy pseudo-reality they so studiously maintain over there at VL.

Clearly, you are an agent of Satan to say otherwise. Clearly you are trying to fabricate a cover-up - trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the Lord's lambs - but you will fail!
     What now for the GOP? - (pwhysall) - (27)
         It's not about old rich white men. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Based on what I currently see... - (folkert)
         What now for what's left of the Left here? - (mmoffitt) - (20)
             If Amy Goodwin's show last night is an indication... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                 Addendum. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     beg to disagree and I think y'all were steamrolled - (boxley) - (5)
                         Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             HA! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 He was elected to the IL Senate and served there '97-'04. :) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     fify - (boxley) - (1)
                                         well duh... - (hnick)
                     Having monitored for some time . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                         That's a scary place. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             Technically it's Petrele's site . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                 And the word - from Petrele himself . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                     He was such a great talent. It's a shame... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Very true. - (hnick)
                                     Romney... - (folkert) - (1)
                                         Oh, but there certainly was . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Bernie's still there too - (scoenye) - (3)
                 That's true. Thanks for reminding me. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Framework only at the moment - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Thanks for the update. - (mmoffitt)
         Expect to see a lot of this - (jay) - (3)
             Wait... - (folkert) - (2)
                 Crisis is good for the president - (jay) - (1)
                     talked to the mayor of staten island lately? -NT - (boxley)

I'd interracially copulate with an alien at this point, and take it to breakfast even.
67 ms