IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IIRC, you didn't expect him to win IN in the first place.
You think progressives in IN put him over the top there? Really? I think he won IN because lots of people (including a few progressives) wanted to give change a chance and lots of new voters were enthusiastic about him.

Sure, many of those people stayed home in 2010, but that's always the pattern - fewer people turn out in off-year elections, and the President usually loses seats. I've seen little that indicates the pattern was generally different because Obama was there.

I didn't find the article you posted persuasive. Or I think it only describes a small number of people. Carville versus Kucinich or something. E.g. "The Left has been especially critical of President Obama over the last three years." Really? http://www.gallup.co...remains-high.aspx Or is this a "no true Scotsman" argument?

If you want the system to change, you have to work within it. That means supporting the better candidate(s). They're not all the same.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.

New No dispute. I did not think he would win in 2008.
I'd hoped he wouldn't because I knew if he came to "pass for a Liberal" let alone a "Progressive" as his campaign indicated, we'd be forever strapped with apologists who say "well, at least he's more liberal than Dick Armey" or some such. The bar for being labelled "Liberal" in this country was already so low that I suspect even Nixon could be so labelled. And that's the discussion we're bound to keep having from now on, thanks in no small measure to Obama's victory in 2008.

Obama's policies have turned us into a nation debating whether we should be as liberal as Nixon or as conservative as Armey or Bachmann. With Obama as the Left Sentinel, there is no longer a middle in American politics nor is there likely to ever be.

I'll not repeat my mistake of 2008. The only thing I will predict this go 'round is that if you go to sleep now and wake up in 3 years, review the implemented policies of the 3 years when you were asleep, you won't know if Mittens or Obama won. There's not as much guessing in this prediction because I have three years experience to draw upon.
     Why PPACA is inexcusable, in a nutshell. - (mmoffitt) - (45)
         Corner cases are always there. - (Another Scott) - (39)
             A corner case? - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                 How many votes were there for single payer? - (Another Scott) - (37)
                     Hey... how many times... - (folkert) - (6)
                         Different animals. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             I am not... - (folkert) - (4)
                                 Understood. Me neither; ditto. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 In the absence of real leadership... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     I can agree with that... - (folkert)
                                     "real leadership"? - (crazy)
                     Your President killed Single Payer in the crib. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         We've been through this ad nauseum... - (Another Scott)
                     See what happens when you let the option on the table? - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                         States are free to implement single payer if they want. - (Another Scott) - (26)
                             You've never been more wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                 You do understand that Obama isn't king, right? - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                     Well, then, similarly - (hnick) - (21)
                                         Heh. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                             Swing and Another miss. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                 The votes weren't there. Reality intrudes again. -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                     Changing arguments mid-stream gets you only so far. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Re: The votes weren't there. Reality intrudes again. - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                         So, can you or Scott help me out here? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                             Obama isn't the problem - Congress is the problem. HTH. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                 The question remains. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                     We'll see in November. I'm optimistic myself. YMMV. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         See post below. Either way, we all lose. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                             Meh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             Actually no - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                 The "portion" was the determining factor. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                     IIRC, you didn't expect him to win IN in the first place. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         No dispute. I did not think he would win in 2008. - (mmoffitt)
                                             I suppose that's good to know. - (hnick) - (5)
                                                 Reread DeLong's recent post. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     I remain sceptical - (hnick) - (3)
                                                         Who would have been your candidate in 2008? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Serious answer - (hnick) - (1)
                                                                 Thanks. I understand the disappointment. - (Another Scott)
                                     Really? I thought he could kill people whenever he wanted. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         <sigh> -NT - (Another Scott)
         That's a crock - (crazy) - (4)
             So, she should ... - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 The PPACA is much better than nothing - (malraux) - (1)
                     We'll see. I doubt it. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 You did not read what I wrote - (crazy)

We can probably skip drugs and prostitution, but the mortgage business looks good.
58 ms