IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On your second point:
Neither of the big new Android handsets in the UK (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S 3 and the HTC One X) make any mention of the word "Android" or "Google" anywhere in their their current advertising campaigns - at least, not in anything other than the small print.

Be under no illusion: Samsung sells Samsung phones, not Android phones made by Samsung.

It's not just about the SGS3, either; the Galaxy Note's adverts also have a conspicious lack of Google and Android about them.
Collapse Edited by pwhysall July 18, 2012, 09:09:06 AM EDT
On your second point:
Neither of the big handsets in the UK (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S 3 and the HTC One X) make any mention of the word "Android" or "Google" anywhere in their their current advertising campaigns - at least, not in anything other than the small print.

Be under no illusion: Samsung sells Samsung phones, not Android phones made by Samsung.

It's not just about the SGS3, either; the Galaxy Note's adverts also have a conspicious lack of Google and Android about them.
New Hmm. I hadn't noticed.
You're right: the brands are selling brand loyalty. I've been subject to that myself.

Maybe that genie simply can't be put back in that bottle...

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Android rant Tuesday - (malraux) - (8)
         The solution seems to be... - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Nobody's going to want single-purpose devices - (drook) - (2)
                 True, but I wasn't clear what I was suggesting. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Defeated by the market share issue - (malraux)
             IOW, Google needs to out-Apple itself. :-/ - (static) - (3)
                 On your second point: - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Hmm. I hadn't noticed. - (static)
                 Google is doing #2 to a certain extent - (malraux)

Thothe boilth you have on your fathe are jutht in-THANE!
42 ms