IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed!
apt-get install mozilla, and don't spare the horses.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Wheeeeeeeeee!
Get Mozilla and hope to high waters that the web sites are not using ActiveX or VBScript.

Rumor has it there is still an ActiveX/VBScript Plug-in for Netscape/Mozilla, but I cannot find it. NetCompass used to have one, but for some reason they quit making it?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Is that to miss the Point?
Why on Earth - would one surf a site with both (or either) those shit-magnets turned ON? To see the dancing otters? Get up-close to the latest truss ad?

And why would one look for a Mozilla-variant -- suppose that would build a sand-box around *all* the possible crap? Maybe I just don't understand the lurid details but.. is there anyone running Windoze for more than a few weeks, who isn't vaguely aware that it is an insecure POS, utterly unable to cope without lots of add-on protection? Acti-Vex ON ???

You want to turn-ON the biggest crap-magnets of all.. And yer a Pro?

Ashton
Just not clever enough to smear blood all over body and then go diving in shark-infested waters..
New 2nd miss - "apt-get install mozilla" doen't work w/Windows.
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New You've missed the point
First they have to reformat the drive and install Linux, and then apply the Mozilla browser. :)

New Don't start on the Otters!
I had enough of dancing screen otters from my former employer the lawfirm, remember?

But I was thinking of creating my own otters, for the use of good instead of evil. Whenever I created a program that did something useful and was innovative, I called it an Otter as a joke. But the management kept changing the requirements just before I got it done, and I had to start all over again. If I reinvent the wheel, and do it without managers screwing me up, I think I can hammer out some decent software packages, if only I could get some time to myself and away from my family for a while. Problem is the job search, the family, and trying to clean up my "war room" and the rest of the house keeps me too darn busy to do much. But I do have ideas, oh yes, I do have ideas.

OTTER = Online Totoally Terrific Electronic Resource

They rejected my idea to name a project that, but the fools! The fools! They couldn't see the brilliance of my work, ahahahahah!

Now what were we talking about?

New What sites are those then?

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Mostly Intranet sites that I created
for Dewey Cheatham & Howe (Not their real name) that used VBScript and ActiveX controls. They have clients that use Unix and Netscape that want to connect to their network. When I suggested Javascript and Java, they laughed me out of the meeting. But who is laughing now that they try to do their overdue Windows 2000 migration while XP is out? It was this time last year that they started their Windows 2000 migration and according to my ex-coworkers they still haven't completed it yet. The Applications are done, but not the workstations.

Plus Microsoft's web sites, like the MSDN Subscription downloads.

Don't use your "Back" button! - (lincoln) - (11)
         Re: Don't use your "Back" button! - (jbrabeck) - (9)
             No, you are mistaken. - (static) - (8)
                 Indeed! - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     Wheeeeeeeeee! - (orion) - (6)
                         Is that to miss the Point? - (Ashton) - (3)
                             2nd miss - "apt-get install mozilla" doen't work w/Windows. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 You've missed the point - (orion)
                             Don't start on the Otters! - (orion)
                         What sites are those then? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Mostly Intranet sites that I created - (orion)
         Don't worry - (kmself)

No, it's too perilous.
97 ms