IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: well... ok.
You presumably need X to do your X forwarding things, which you do when you login. I dunno - I've never done this, only ever using SSH to obtain CLI access.

But to just run up an instance of Terminal.app and type "ls"?

No X required, nor ever has been.

I never even had X installed on Jo's iBook, which came with 10.3, and did plenty of terminalacular things on it (most notably doing "sudo softwareupdate -i -a").
New Re: well... ok.
I understand what you *just* said. Your particular usage of terminal.app did not even have X installed. Ok. Fine and dandy. Yours worked Just fine. I get that. You are the *MAN*. You NIT proven.

Did you catch what I said. Behavior changed from the last time I used it. Its been seriously dressed up and works very nicely. Previous to Lion, *If* I started terminal.app with X11 channel forwarding enabled, I had to wait for X to start up and services be offered and fully functional to continue on. As of Lion, If* I started terminal.app with X11 channel forwarding enabled, I don't have to wait for X to start, it just goes and works. My first X11 display request made... *THEN* X jumps up and shows up on my Dock Bar.

Perhaps you should have just asked a bit before just being contrary and annoying.

And yes, Free stuff is good.
New What is the matter with you? Box piss in your coffee?
You didn't state a "particular usage" of Terminal. You simply said that it no longer requires X to work.

...and it no longer has to start *X* to work

Greg, it never required X to work. It required X to do X-alicious things and only to do X-alicious things.

You made it sound as though if you got a Mac out of the box, fired it up, and ran Terminal, then you'd get you some X lovin'. You don't. Never have.

But if you do things with X, well fuck me sideways, you need X. No argument there.

The one being contrary and annoying is you. I simply pointed out a minor point and you couldn't gracefully concede.
New Please.
Just FOFF and choose to never respond to me.
New Not a chance.
You could just stop being an arse, though.
New You could also choose to not be one.
But then, you are British. Its still not an excuse though.
Expand Edited by folkert May 24, 2012, 06:42:22 PM EDT
New I'm rubber, you're glue?
Are you this childish when someone gently corrects you in real life? I doubt it.

Fact: you said Terminal.app used to need X. You didn't quite mean it as flatly as that, but that's what you said.
Fact: It didn't, and I said so (without judgement or criticism)
Fact: You turned into a massive ranting asshat instead of going "oh, cool. Never knew that. >learns<"

And you'll probably rant some more when you read this, whether you do it on here, out loud, or in your head.

I treat exchanges like this as learning opportunities. I'm really not seeing what I've done wrong here, but I stand to be enlightened.

New _pw
Out of the WHOLE post, you chose to respond to *one* fricking item that was inconsequential to the whole story. True perhaps a bit misleading in history... but its effing history. You are always the odd man out with the "WFM" mentality and discount much stuff with derogatory or disrespecting or disparaging or denigrating comments. Quit. Like this piece of history matters.

I do exactly that same stuff to you and you call me out on it for being an arse. You are British, you can't help yourself, I see that now. You just like to stir the pot, especially when it comes to me.
New Rofly Lollers
NOW you're all about respect? Aw, did I hurt oo's feewings? Shall we sit down and sing kum ba yah together?

Forsooth! I'm glad I wore my corset, otherwise I fear my sides might split!

I wasn't stirring the pot, you egoistic solipsist.

Jesus, I am so fucking British right now, it hurts.
New lrpd the bottom three
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New definitely the last one

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New No.
I am not all about respect... if you see that... you are seeing things.

Hurting my feelings? Meh... you aren't even close to being a big of an arse as some of these motorcycle groups I hang out with.

Are you sure you know those big words in there? I was afraid I wouldn't get through. So how is using that thesaurus going for you? Isn't "egoistic solipsist" the same thing, as a solipsist is egoistic? I believe you have much more self-import than I do, since you are the one trumpeting your self assured rightness.

Yes, you stir the pot when I'm involved.

Yes, you are British and I hope it *DOES* hurt.
New Give up now
This is a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
New Oh so you admit it then.
New >slayed<
Yes, I admit it.

My massive British arsitude falls at the feet of your sheer awesomeness.

That must be it, yes.

ETA: You utter, utter tit.
Expand Edited by pwhysall May 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM EDT
New I'm sorry you lost.
Before you utter or write a challenge... It would be great idea to be sure it means what you want it to mean.

EOF.
New Re: I'm sorry you lost.
Get you, with your amazing sophistry. I bet your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

You're still wrong, by the way. Wrong, wrong, wrongy mcwrong.

But what would I know? How could my meagre British brain stand up to your mighty American (fuck yeah!) intellect?
New I see you can't stand it. I see you shaking there.
I'm sorry, you just can't take it.
New Bored now
No doubt you will take the opportunity to seize upon this as your victory token, and, quite honestly, who am I to deny a man a small if illusory and slightly sad pleasure?

I now leave you to your whoopin' and hollerin'.
New Of course now you just can't just walk away...
you'll take you ball home and go pout.

Just like a someone who cannot take be gotten over on.

Meh... you are just a sore loser.
New Look over there!
(Time to change the subject. That one's boring.)

A joke to tell someone who's not a Marine: http://usmilitary.ab.../a/notamarine.htm

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Long walk off a short pier
--

Drew
     Well damn. - (folkert) - (38)
         Welcome aboard! - (Another Scott) - (1)
             We still have an original Mini. - (malraux)
         Hey that's cool! - (static)
         Re: Well damn. - (pwhysall) - (34)
             well... ok. - (folkert) - (22)
                 Re: well... ok. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                     Re: well... ok. - (folkert) - (20)
                         What is the matter with you? Box piss in your coffee? - (pwhysall) - (19)
                             Please. - (folkert) - (18)
                                 Not a chance. - (pwhysall) - (17)
                                     You could also choose to not be one. - (folkert) - (16)
                                         I'm rubber, you're glue? - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                             _pw - (folkert) - (14)
                                                 Rofly Lollers - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                                     lrpd the bottom three -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         definitely the last one -NT - (lincoln)
                                                     No. - (folkert) - (10)
                                                         Give up now - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                             Oh so you admit it then. -NT - (folkert) - (8)
                                                                 >slayed< - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                                                     I'm sorry you lost. - (folkert) - (6)
                                                                         Re: I'm sorry you lost. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                                                             I see you can't stand it. I see you shaking there. - (folkert) - (4)
                                                                                 Bored now - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                     Of course now you just can't just walk away... - (folkert)
                                                                                 Look over there! - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     Long walk off a short pier -NT - (drook)
             Jeez. Guys. - (Ashton) - (10)
                 + Infinity+1 -NT - (Another Scott)
                 well... - (folkert) - (4)
                     I didn't read it that way. FWIW. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         then exactly *how did* you read it? - (folkert) - (2)
                             Mit meinen Augen. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Ummm... they seem to work that way... funny that. - (folkert)
                 It's not about any of that. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Clear enough. - (Ashton)
                     Manners are fine and good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Wise words; Awomen. -NT - (Ashton)

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!
138 ms