IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well.. our Representatives______ promise not to lie, too -
Enforce one. Enforce all.. It's The Law...

:-\ufffd
New I'm just curious - how common are HOA's?
AFAIK they're not real common around here - it's the local council that sets the rules as to what you can and can't do. I know many places have a 'Brick Covenant' but apart from that I'm not sure how hard and fast the rules are. I think much of it is handled by people complaining to council if they don't like what's going on, and council making a call on whether it's allowed or not.

As I live in a flat (unit, apartment, whatever...) there are a number of strata rules, but they're no big deal.
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Pretty common - they have WAY to much power too
Seems to be if you want a new home in the Houston area then you have no choice.

Last year here in Houston an 82 year old widow LOST her home due to $800 in unpaid home owners dues. The association sent the bills to her deceased husband, she though it was junk mail, and when they sent somebody in person they only went at night - the eldery woman doesn't answer her door after dark. Her $150,000 home(owned free and clear) was sold out from under her for $5000.

While I can understand they need their payment, unpaid dues should go as a lien against the house for when it is sold.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Also, the officers tend to be Nazi-like power freaks...
who like to approve choices for the color of the house, the type eof storm door, type of fence and also whether your lawn and yard are properly maintained. You could be lucky and get a "Yard of the Month" sign in your yard.

These things are not important to me and I wouldn't and don't live in such a neighborhood.
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New Yard of the month? What is this, a fast food restaurant?!
Sounds like just the thing for a bored retiree. (as opposed to active retirees)

Heh, I don't think *that* particular concept has reached these shore, but give it time. On a larger scale, there is a 'Tidy Town' type thing which is awarded primarily in rural areas I think. At least, I only ever see it when I'm on holiday :)
On and on and on and on,
New Yow!
Forgot about having to pay the HOA for priviledge of having life made miserable! For my flat I have to pay a fee to cover the upkeep of the grounds and common property and stuff - but extending that concept to homes in a neighbourhood is a bit of a downer. So ... do you folks have local councils - it sounds like the HOA is doing their job.
On and on and on and on,
New Estate stuff.
There are a few developments over near where I am that primarily townhouses. There is common land and strata rules that apply to lots of things. However, Aussie apathy strikes and there's a lot of leniency, unless someone complains long and loud. It's very similar to what you have, living in a flat, but the building(s) are a different shape. This it would be a forerunner to a HOA.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

If it wasn't real, it would belong under "Oh, Pun!" - (SpiceWare) - (16)
         Cackle\ufffd.. an admonition to us all - - (Ashton)
         At least I'm not that pro-actively a neighbor from hell - (wharris2)
         Whose Dirt is it? - (boxley) - (13)
             You sign the paper that says you can't - (admin) - (12)
                 Screw the HOA - (cwbrenn) - (10)
                     Once again: - (admin) - (9)
                         So what? - (cwbrenn) - (8)
                             I don't think I was asking you to support them - (admin) - (7)
                                 Well.. our Representatives______ promise not to lie, too - - (Ashton) - (6)
                                     I'm just curious - how common are HOA's? - (Meerkat) - (5)
                                         Pretty common - they have WAY to much power too - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                                             Also, the officers tend to be Nazi-like power freaks... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 Yard of the month? What is this, a fast food restaurant?! - (Meerkat)
                                             Yow! - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                                 Estate stuff. - (static)
                 I didnt notice that they had a HOA -NT - (boxley)

We know better than to wear plaid and stripes together.
121 ms