IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The OLC memo.
http://s3.documentcl...nts-office-of.pdf (23 page .pdf)

[...]

MEMORANDUM OPINION FOR THE COUNSEL TO THE PRESIDENT

On December 17, 2011, the Senate agreed by unanimous consent to “adjourn and convene for pro forma sessions only, with no business conducted,” every Tuesday and Friday between that date and January 23, 2012. 157 Cong. Rec. S8783 (daily ed. Dec. 17, 2011). During that period, on January 3, 2012, the Senate convened one such pro forma session to begin the second session of the 112th Congress and adjourned less than a minute later under its prior agreement. 158 Cong. Rec. S1 (daily ed. Jan. 3, 2012); see also U.S. Const. amend. XX, § 2. You asked whether the President has authority under the Recess Appointments Clause, U.S. Const. art. II, § 2, cl. 3, to make recess appointments during the period between January 3 and January 23 notwithstanding the convening of periodic pro forma sessions. We advised you that he does. This opinion memorializes and elaborates on that advice.

[...]

Looks air-tight to me. Of course, that won't prevent someone from filing a lawsuit.

Cheers,
Scott.
New may well be airtight
but custom dictated that shrub acknowledge that tactic while he was in office. The next repo will use this precedent to tell the senate to ftfo. I expect you to support that repo president's decision.(not)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     Obama making multiple recess appointments - (jay) - (21)
         More. - (Another Scott) - (16)
             Further... - (mvitale) - (1)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott)
             excellent! thread bookmarked - (boxley) - (7)
                 I'm sure the circumstances will be identical. Truly. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 driftglass's take. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Perfect - (crazy)
                     Tower Bork Thomas then the demos started whining - (boxley) - (3)
                         Yeah. It's exactly the same. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             take the beam out, you will see better - (boxley)
                             Lather, rinse, repeat - (crazy)
             Re: More. - (boxley) - (5)
                 Daily Caller? Really? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     hows about pointing them out here? - (boxley) - (3)
                         You're arguing with things I haven't said. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Okay, I will wait -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Pierce is *on fire!* - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Excellent coda to this week+ of baa-baa banal bleatings.. - (Ashton)
         The OLC memo. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             may well be airtight - (boxley)

We're not going to play any mature games, are we?
73 ms