IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tower Bork Thomas then the demos started whining
You remember Graham and others when he joined with democrats to stop the nuklear option from being used? Yup crazed khuboys alright. I wonder they let you drive with that 2x4 hanging out of your eyeball
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Yeah. It's exactly the same.
Refusing to have a vote on someone to a relatively minor executive branch position that nearly everyone recognizes is qualified, has the widespread support of colleagues from both parties around the country, etc., and using the refusal to seat someone to a legally created position in a legally created board in an attempt to prevent the board from operating.

vs.

Contentious arguments and votes for someone to fill a lifetime appointment on the courts who has reactionary views, is divisive, wants to undo established law and precedent that goes back decades, etc. Or arguments and votes for someone to fill a cabinet-level appointment (someone in line for the presidency) who has alcohol and womanizing problems (which opens them up to attempted blackmail in an extremely sensitive position), etc.

Tower was voted down (53:47) by his former colleagues in the Senate. He had a vote. Bork was voted down as well. Thomas got a vote and won.

The nuclear option was about judicial filibusters/cloture votes.

Yeah, it's exactly the same. Of course.

Not.

I'm having trouble seeing how Cordray's recess appointment is similar to the things you've brought up. Help me out.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New take the beam out, you will see better
<I'm having trouble seeing how Cordray's recess appointment> no problem, when the next republican president appoints someone in the same manner I shall expect your support of that action.
"well I wont hold my breath too long"
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Lather, rinse, repeat
Box rarely sticks with a coherent example (quickly discarded or simply ignored when analysis shows huge difference), prefers to speak boxlish and wave hands.

Sorry box.
You know it.

Obama making multiple recess appointments - (jay) - (21)
         More. - (Another Scott) - (16)
             Further... - (mvitale) - (1)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott)
             excellent! thread bookmarked - (boxley) - (7)
                 I'm sure the circumstances will be identical. Truly. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 driftglass's take. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Perfect - (crazy)
                     Tower Bork Thomas then the demos started whining - (boxley) - (3)
                         Yeah. It's exactly the same. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             take the beam out, you will see better - (boxley)
                             Lather, rinse, repeat - (crazy)
             Re: More. - (boxley) - (5)
                 Daily Caller? Really? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     hows about pointing them out here? - (boxley) - (3)
                         You're arguing with things I haven't said. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Okay, I will wait -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Pierce is *on fire!* - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Excellent coda to this week+ of baa-baa banal bleatings.. - (Ashton)
         The OLC memo. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             may well be airtight - (boxley)

It's a lady. No it's not. Her hair is E.T.
56 ms