IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Apparently not acceptable to you...
The gob community is on him for this. Using these methods. They are currently finding it acceptable. Why?

You do realize that "outing" has been a long practice WITHIN the glb community, right?

Mr. Rocheford said the magazine, with about 130,000 readers, has a policy against “outing” homosexuals. “One exception to the rule is a public figure who makes public pronouncements against the gay community and is in fact a homosexual,” he said, noting that this was the only time he had invoked that exception.

http://mediadecoder....-draws-criticism/

Probably the best known example would the magazine OUTWEEK and the movie OUTRAGE. They (in particular Gabriel Rotello, the editor for OUTWEEK) was known for outing celebrity homosexuals, particularly when the subject is actively opposing gay rights and interests.

To quote Peter Tatchell
Lesbians and gay men have a right, and a duty, to expose hypocrites and homophobes. By not outing gay Bishops who support policies which harm homosexuals, we would be protecting those Bishops and thereby allowing them to continue to inflict suffering on members of our community. Collusion with hypocrisy and homophobia is not ethically defensible for Christians, or for anyone else.

Certainly the entirely gay and lesbian community isn't a united front on this. Christopher Barron of the Log Cabin Republicans (a glb group) disagree with outing, but it's been a practice going back almost 30 years.

It certainly isn't something that was invented just for Michelle Bachmann's husband.

(Want to try again?)
New Well then,
I certainly wasn't aware it was a duty. And I guess my friends and family in the community are not followers of that gentleman.

Score one for simon
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Tough when you don't understand the culture
New You proven only one thing here
That you know shit about me.

And yes, it's gone personal. You've reached kms status.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Such a surprise
I was talking to a coworker this evening.
She said she just got an email from her sister out west.
She gets them all the time.
They start with how much danger they are in, and if they only voted the safe choice, they could stop worrying.
They always throw urban legends that are easily disprovable via snopes.

She asked me how to deal with it. I told her to drop it, ignore it, there was nothing to be done and she'd only break her sister and destroy any relationship she had with her.

The ONLY time you engage in a religious discussion is if you are willing to rip out the fabric of the reality of the person you are talking to. It can shatter them. Don't do it.

Of COURSE I knew it hit that.

Except I ain't going anywhere, I'm not KMS, and I'm not pissed (or even pissy).

It's part of the process.

Also, if I know shit, how can it be personal?
It can't be. It has to be generic.
If you take it personally, then it must mean I've struck a nerve.
Pretty cool how that works out.
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 30, 2011, 08:25:34 PM EDT
New You had an argument with yourself
On positions you assumed..not mine. Then you took those assumed positions and attacked me with them...and brought in my family..all based on positions I don't hold.

You ripped up no reality of mine. You ripped up a fiction of your own invention. But you crossed a line while doing it...

You might not be. I, however, am

why am I not surprised - (boxley) - (92)
         Re: why am I not surprised - (beepster) - (88)
             Binary Man continues to be Binary. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (87)
                 Please enlighten me about how you perceive this as binary? - (beepster) - (86)
                     Re: Please enlighten me about how you perceive this as binar - (Another Scott) - (85)
                         Ok - (beepster) - (84)
                             Re: Ok - (beepster) - (83)
                                 Re: Ok - (Another Scott) - (82)
                                     Oh, I get it - (beepster) - (81)
                                         Binary Man continues to be Binary. - (Another Scott) - (80)
                                             Hmmm. No evidence, no med diagnosis to support - (beepster) - (79)
                                                 As usual - (crazy) - (78)
                                                     Re: As usual - (beepster) - (77)
                                                         Whoa, "more tolerant"? - (crazy) - (1)
                                                             dont forget dessicated porcupines :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         And as far as tolerance: - (crazy) - (58)
                                                             Well then - (beepster) - (57)
                                                                 You don't get to own the word. - (crazy) - (28)
                                                                     My statements? - (beepster) - (27)
                                                                         Path of least resistance? - (crazy) - (26)
                                                                             Hmm. You appear to not be paying attention. - (beepster) - (25)
                                                                                 Marriage - (crazy) - (24)
                                                                                     Can't believe this - (beepster) - (23)
                                                                                         And neither does anyone else - (crazy) - (22)
                                                                                             Sure appears that way - (beepster) - (21)
                                                                                                 Ah, me idiot - (crazy) - (20)
                                                                                                     I don't need to re-read - (beepster) - (19)
                                                                                                         Hmm, I thought our laws were dervied from English common law - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                                                                             dig deeper - (beepster) - (17)
                                                                                                                 I think I can make the argument - (S1mon_Jester) - (16)
                                                                                                                     Yup - (crazy) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Know what. - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Very good example - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 Of what, exactly. - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     If you say so - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         There's an accusation now? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Easily - (crazy)
                                                                                                                             Hey, I'm a canon law scholar now, yay - (crazy)
                                                                                                                     That would all be well and good. - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Not sure it is. - (S1mon_Jester) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Thank you. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                             Re: Not sure it is. - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 Actually, if you read carefully... - (S1mon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     Can't cut and paste from pdf - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         Here is your quote. - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Concession - (beepster)
                                                                 Also, you STOLE the word and the concept - (crazy) - (14)
                                                                     >I< didn't do anything - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                         Sure, when your people killed off the competition - (crazy) - (12)
                                                                             You mean, like Islam? - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                                 Sure - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                     ICLRPD - (rcareaga)
                                                                                 Interesting side track - (crazy) - (8)
                                                                                     You disavow your own arguments so easily - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                         "intolerant" - (crazy) - (6)
                                                                                             to what point and to what end - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                 No, I'm not - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                                     Wrong, and there you go again - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                         Good - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                             Who? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                 I had the same decision - (crazy)
                                                                 "Separate but equal" doesn't work. We tried that. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                     You are missing the point to..so let me be clear - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                         Nice try. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             Re: Nice try. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                 Why does it matter? -NT - (crazy)
                                                                         better yet, no need for a state marriage license at all - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                             Agreed -NT - (crazy) - (6)
                                                                                 Argh - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                     No, I want it at the FEDERAL level - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                         Go back and read, butthead - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                             The single word matters - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                 no, actually it doesn't. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                     Of course not - to you - (crazy)
                                                         Well, a little off there... - (S1mon_Jester) - (15)
                                                             Re: Well, a little off there... - (beepster) - (14)
                                                                 I like irony. I'm ok with that - (crazy)
                                                                 Really, you haven't heard of Richard Cohen? - (S1mon_Jester) - (12)
                                                                     Hmm - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                         Nope. - (S1mon_Jester) - (10)
                                                                             NO IT WAS NOT - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                 My apologies - your argument was that - (S1mon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                                     He doesn't do that - (crazy)
                                                                                     Ask youself - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                         Apparently not acceptable to you... - (S1mon_Jester) - (5)
                                                                                             Well then, - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                 Tough when you don't understand the culture -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                                                     You proven only one thing here - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                         Such a surprise - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                                             You had an argument with yourself - (beepster)
         Re: why am I not surprised - (pwhysall)
         It was pretty inevitable - (jay)
         If one has the patience.. - (Ashton)

I used to work for them, I recognize the pictures. They ran the law firm I was employed at.
451 ms