IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong, and there you go again
assuming a set of beliefs onto me that just aren't there.

Faith is personal. If my children question it, then they are doing the right thing, for themselves, and I would be anything BUT unhappy.

This has already happened.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Good
But my question to you is why did you program something into them that questioning makes you happy?

New Who?
its societal...unless you're suggesting that I somehow wronged my children by not locking them in the basement.

And, btw..this is it. I'm done here.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I had the same decision
When the boy when to his 1st class when he was around 6 years old.
Religious training.

Yes, I know the teacher is spouting bullshit.
Your job is to NOT argue with her.
She believes, and we know better, but you
are not allowed to argue with the teacher.

You are capable of cultural transmission without lying to your kids.

At least I was.

And now you have another chance.

How's the grandkids? Pushing a parent to utilize the local religious school / daycare?

And so it happens again. Will you be telling the next generation the truth?

And an additional note: I obviously spend a lot of time trying to figure out motivations. Mine 1st, then others. And I toss them out to see which ones get a response, which in turn allows me to focus my thoughts.

This really upset you. Adversarial interaction in the forum means personal stuff. What things in your (or anyones else's life) got them to this point that they say and think these things.

Whenever it hits that, it's bibi for you.

But this discussion is about deeply personal things. It started there. You attempted to couch it in the vast legal framework that may or may not be applied into the situation. But you don't consider the initial goal one that is ever gonna happen, so you are guiding accordingly.

Condescendingly.

You often say I (and others) have no clue why you think these things. And we should stop bothering to dig. And then you say I'm full of shit when I write in that direction.

Pick one or the other. Engage and give reason why you think certain ways (even when personal), or realize that we only have your writing to choose from. And we make our judgments. Feel free to correct them with real information.

Or if TOO personal, realize that your lack of serious input is noted.

Also, the things we choose not to discuss are the thing we usually aren't very proud of. Are you not proud of your method of cultural transmission, even if you are NOT a believer (which is where this seems to be going but I'm not supposed to ask)?
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 30, 2011, 11:20:40 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 30, 2011, 11:33:18 AM EDT
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 30, 2011, 11:36:55 AM EDT
     why am I not surprised - (boxley) - (92)
         Re: why am I not surprised - (beepster) - (88)
             Binary Man continues to be Binary. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (87)
                 Please enlighten me about how you perceive this as binary? - (beepster) - (86)
                     Re: Please enlighten me about how you perceive this as binar - (Another Scott) - (85)
                         Ok - (beepster) - (84)
                             Re: Ok - (beepster) - (83)
                                 Re: Ok - (Another Scott) - (82)
                                     Oh, I get it - (beepster) - (81)
                                         Binary Man continues to be Binary. - (Another Scott) - (80)
                                             Hmmm. No evidence, no med diagnosis to support - (beepster) - (79)
                                                 As usual - (crazy) - (78)
                                                     Re: As usual - (beepster) - (77)
                                                         Whoa, "more tolerant"? - (crazy) - (1)
                                                             dont forget dessicated porcupines :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                         And as far as tolerance: - (crazy) - (58)
                                                             Well then - (beepster) - (57)
                                                                 You don't get to own the word. - (crazy) - (28)
                                                                     My statements? - (beepster) - (27)
                                                                         Path of least resistance? - (crazy) - (26)
                                                                             Hmm. You appear to not be paying attention. - (beepster) - (25)
                                                                                 Marriage - (crazy) - (24)
                                                                                     Can't believe this - (beepster) - (23)
                                                                                         And neither does anyone else - (crazy) - (22)
                                                                                             Sure appears that way - (beepster) - (21)
                                                                                                 Ah, me idiot - (crazy) - (20)
                                                                                                     I don't need to re-read - (beepster) - (19)
                                                                                                         Hmm, I thought our laws were dervied from English common law - (Another Scott) - (18)
                                                                                                             dig deeper - (beepster) - (17)
                                                                                                                 I think I can make the argument - (S1mon_Jester) - (16)
                                                                                                                     Yup - (crazy) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Know what. - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Very good example - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 Of what, exactly. - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     If you say so - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         There's an accusation now? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Easily - (crazy)
                                                                                                                             Hey, I'm a canon law scholar now, yay - (crazy)
                                                                                                                     That would all be well and good. - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                                                         Not sure it is. - (S1mon_Jester) - (6)
                                                                                                                             Thank you. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                             Re: Not sure it is. - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 Actually, if you read carefully... - (S1mon_Jester) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     Can't cut and paste from pdf - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         Here is your quote. - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             Concession - (beepster)
                                                                 Also, you STOLE the word and the concept - (crazy) - (14)
                                                                     >I< didn't do anything - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                         Sure, when your people killed off the competition - (crazy) - (12)
                                                                             You mean, like Islam? - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                                 Sure - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                     ICLRPD - (rcareaga)
                                                                                 Interesting side track - (crazy) - (8)
                                                                                     You disavow your own arguments so easily - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                         "intolerant" - (crazy) - (6)
                                                                                             to what point and to what end - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                 No, I'm not - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                                     Wrong, and there you go again - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                         Good - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                             Who? - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                 I had the same decision - (crazy)
                                                                 "Separate but equal" doesn't work. We tried that. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                     You are missing the point to..so let me be clear - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                         Nice try. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             Re: Nice try. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                 Why does it matter? -NT - (crazy)
                                                                         better yet, no need for a state marriage license at all - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                             Agreed -NT - (crazy) - (6)
                                                                                 Argh - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                     No, I want it at the FEDERAL level - (crazy) - (4)
                                                                                         Go back and read, butthead - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                             The single word matters - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                                                 no, actually it doesn't. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                     Of course not - to you - (crazy)
                                                         Well, a little off there... - (S1mon_Jester) - (15)
                                                             Re: Well, a little off there... - (beepster) - (14)
                                                                 I like irony. I'm ok with that - (crazy)
                                                                 Really, you haven't heard of Richard Cohen? - (S1mon_Jester) - (12)
                                                                     Hmm - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                         Nope. - (S1mon_Jester) - (10)
                                                                             NO IT WAS NOT - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                 My apologies - your argument was that - (S1mon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                                     He doesn't do that - (crazy)
                                                                                     Ask youself - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                         Apparently not acceptable to you... - (S1mon_Jester) - (5)
                                                                                             Well then, - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                                 Tough when you don't understand the culture -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                                                     You proven only one thing here - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                         Such a surprise - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                                             You had an argument with yourself - (beepster)
         Re: why am I not surprised - (pwhysall)
         It was pretty inevitable - (jay)
         If one has the patience.. - (Ashton)

Reese's Pieces? Am I in a different pit this time?
112 ms