IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Real bottom up." Nice try.
That's not what is going on and you know it. What is going on is exactly what you alluded to in your post -> the American working class is having its standard of living lowered to that of your "poor Indian." If this really were about bringing things like the minimum wage, overtime wages, OSHA protections, 40 hour work weeks, safe, clean working conditions, paid vacation time, week-ends off and all the rest to India that would be one thing. But that isn't the goal. The goal is to have the American worker cooking over a dung pile in his cardboard house (just like the untouchables in India), laboring for the benefit of some one wearing an Armani and driving a BMW in Manhattan.

We've had these sorts of people throughout our history (look up "Robber Barons" some time). But the government (prior to its leveraged buyout by Wall Street) and unions used to provide at least some protection from these gluttons.
New well other than the fact I buy
my dung in bags marketed by Kingston and royal oak but I live in a house built circa 1973 so it isnt cardboard like the new ones, we are not that far off
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Can't
this is where your government comes in. There is no possibility of a US person dropping to that level unless our government collapses.

So, since we can't get that bad, and they can only get better, your latest salvo still doesn't fit with your first start into this discussion.

And your position is now extremely xenophobic. Who is to say that we should not aspire to the french model, with 6 wks pd vacation by law minimum, mandatory 34 hr workweek...and maybe the average idian worker is in clean working conditions (relatively speaking) compared to living conditions...and possibly working 12 hours a day 7 days a week to support his family is better than the alternative of no work and starvation...and with no work available, there is no chance that working conditions will ever improve. (naturally)

Suddenly, the US way is the aspiration, even though out of the other side of your mouth it is a way that needs to be destroyed in favor of all power to government...or all power to workers.

And >actually<, what I know is that the BRIC countries (where all of these low cost labor things are built) are now pricing themselves out of that position, because their wages are indeed increasing (just like happened here)...so the real world seems to favor my argument over yours...the US is in no danger of abject poverty as witnessed in other locations, and those other locations are improving because of the global mobility of manufacturing.

Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Re: Can't
--this is where your government comes in. There is no possibility of a US person dropping to that level unless our government collapses.

You have more faith in the Federal Government than I do.
New Note: He said "your"
He was being sarcastic.
New Beep won't be happy until everyone works in a Maquiladora
http://www.google.co...+health+violation
New only if he runs the Maquilador
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     Muffin Watch - (beepster) - (73)
         Good thing nobody ever said that, isn't it? -NT - (drook) - (50)
             It's certainly been implied - (beepster) - (49)
                 They sure could - (drook) - (48)
                     homeland security would be a good start - (boxley) - (6)
                         Wow. - (folkert) - (5)
                             yup, lets get America back -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                 We can't do that! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     rather deal with the mischief makers than the feds - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Can't find that meaning, what is it? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             look at the title of this article - (boxley)
                     Hmm - (beepster) - (40)
                         Nope, not ridiculing the implication - (drook) - (39)
                             Re: Nope, not ridiculing the implication - (beepster) - (37)
                                 Yes. We can keep "our" money. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                                     Now you get to the point - (beepster) - (20)
                                         Re: Now you get to the point - (folkert) - (2)
                                             Forgetting - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 We've no choice. - (mmoffitt)
                                         You must buy insurance. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                             Actually - (beepster) - (15)
                                                 How much is too much is a matter of perspective. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                     Understanding of value to consumers - (beepster) - (13)
                                                         If the workers Unite, there is no government. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                             Knew you'd get there :-) - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                 Smooth - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Smooth - (beepster)
                                                                 That may be the best ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                     Now wait just a minute - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                         "Real bottom up." Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                             well other than the fact I buy - (boxley)
                                                                             Can't - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: Can't - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                     Note: He said "your" - (crazy)
                                                                             Beep won't be happy until everyone works in a Maquiladora - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                 only if he runs the Maquilador -NT - (boxley)
                                 Still, scale matters - (S1mon_Jester) - (14)
                                     Sigh - (beepster) - (13)
                                         Re: Sigh - (S1mon_Jester) - (12)
                                             dunno about tea partiers - (boxley) - (10)
                                                 chuckle. - (S1mon_Jester) - (9)
                                                     You are the only one mentioning a specific administration - (beepster) - (8)
                                                         naw, I think even he is getting sick of him -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Allow me to quote you... - (S1mon_Jester) - (6)
                                                             will grant you obamacare - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                 road to the airport dammit -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                     Re: road to the airport dammit - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                         You stepped on the "AK" thinger for boxley! -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                             yes I did. - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                 True. -NT - (folkert)
                                             Re: Sigh - (beepster)
                             the government isnt a profit center - (boxley)
         Tro you a bone - (crazy) - (1)
             I should sue for prior art - (beepster)
         Re: Muffin Watch - (lincoln) - (5)
             Re: Muffin Watch - (beepster) - (4)
                 Bullshit back - (crazy) - (3)
                     Re: Bullshit back - (beepster) - (2)
                         Wrong? - (crazy) - (1)
                             Dude, - (beepster)
         aaannd ... retraction. - (altmann) - (13)
             Unpossible! -NT - (Another Scott)
             So ... - (drook) - (6)
                 Don't hold your breath. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     What he said -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         s /he/she/ :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Yeah, whichever :-P -NT - (drook)
                     Ibid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 In this example, - (beepster)
             Cool - (beepster) - (4)
                 Lots of people believe that ... do you? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                     Re: Lots of people believe that ... do you? - (beepster) - (2)
                         That this example proves anything - (drook) - (1)
                             ¡Precísaménte..! - (Ashton)

It looks like food.
87 ms