IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Until . .
Earthlink finishes buying up all the independents and they all melt down into a steaming pile of confusion and incompetnece.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New At that point...
...I would expect aaxnet.com to start laying in dry copper pairs to appropraite intelligentsia [sic?] such that we can continue to communicate clearly.

After all, organized resistance is the thing they fear most...!
jb4
(Organized Resistance is not futile...)
New "ISP Awareness Week (or Month) "
Dead on.

And yup, I was morphed onto/into OneMain when my original - not tiny but at least local - ISP was bought up; then That one was bought up by:

Earthlink. Natch. Now I'm on a really-local (2-guys) operation which I can visit and also be sure, if I need to call: either Rob or Ron will likely answer. Who evidently know their shit, too.. Not some guy in Sri Lanka.

So.. what are all those (remaining) ISPs doing in a concerted way, so as to spread the cost of getting people's attention? I agree that the loss of the independents can result only in more homogenization, far less control and -- the utterly inevitable decline into the usual. If that isn't scary enough to galvanize any sustained attention:

Imagine how ISP-concentration makes it even easier for the Theological Regime to work its way into DMCA-III and other next stuff for our safety and convenience.

More practically: are you aware of any National org to which many ISPs belong? Some focal point for a genuine ad campaign touting the virtues of {diversity} ? 'Cause if there isn't such an org.. isn't it about time?

Ashton
New There is an org. . .
I don't know how effective it is, but it was involved with fighting PacBell's strong arm monopoly tactics in the last few months.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Yahoo backs spammers over users - (andread) - (23)
         Lets get real here - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
             Re: Lets get real here - (andread) - (1)
                 There was discussion of the HotMail problem . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Re: Lets get even realler here - (jb4) - (17)
                 Thanks for the link -NT - (andread)
                 Not so real at all - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                     Nicely scathing M$ letter at aaxnet, Andy - (Ashton)
                     Your tolerance is much higher than mine... - (jb4) - (13)
                         And Yahoo! could probably . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                             Andy... - (jb4) - (11)
                                 Can't get blood out of a turnip.. - (Ashton) - (8)
                                     Hey, I'm enought of a Capitalist to know... - (jb4) - (7)
                                         OK but: that'll leave all-M$ all-the-Time Everywhere :( -NT - (Ashton) - (6)
                                             Sorry, but my independent ISP... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                 Nor mine.. but we aren't 'typical' either (?) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Until . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     At that point... - (jb4)
                                                     "ISP Awareness Week (or Month) " - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         There is an org. . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 The inevitable needs no defense . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I guess this counts as 'defending' Yahoo... - (Meerkat)
         Yahoo backs spoofers as well - (orion)
         So does AOL, MSN, CS, etc. - (orion)

At the tone, the time will be...
61 ms