IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On that note...
... I can count on one hand the number of concerts I've been to; both times the music was not unreasonably loud, though the system was very noisy at one of them. However, the music was *much* louder the one and only time I went to a "Jukebox Saturday Night" put on by Sydney radio station 2WS. I also rarely use headphones.

Whilst this means I've missed out on a lot of concert/performance culture, it means at 30 I have much better high-end hearing than many 20 year olds. I doubt I will need a hearing aid later in life. People often tell me the tradeoff is definitely worth it, but I cannot successfully evaluate this.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New High end hearing sucks
I'd rather loose the high frequencies.
I hear computer monitor squeals that
no one else can (except my mother!).

And they are ANNOYING!
New Mine is gone
I used to be a roadie/sound man/light man. It never really mattered until the guys I worked for got popular. Once we starting being able to turn down offers, and started doing multi-band shows, the equipment got better and the venues got larger. Much, much louder. with a hell of a lot more noise from the crowd. I had to hear what was happening in order to mix the sound, which meant no headphones or earplugs. I would like to be able to hear the high end now.

I worked for many different bands but was generally tied to just the one. Started out as just helping some old friends from high school for free beer. They somehow became the most popular band in town. I can remember doing 12 gigs in one week. I will tell you one thing- Roadies don't make enough money for the work. (Unbelievable perks though, use your imagination)
The best scale for an experimental design is ten millimeters to the centimeter.
     Parenting question - (boxley) - (27)
         Last festival concert I went to ... - (drewk) - (10)
             No mosh pitting - (boxley) - (9)
                 I've never had a problem. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     No troubles here - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         Well if you look at the site under the rules thing - (boxley)
                 I just saw Billy Joel and Elton John - (broomberg) - (5)
                     Yahoo! - (Silverlock) - (4)
                         Naah; their new privacy policy sucks! -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Yeah, I have those big mouth suicidal moments. - (broomberg) - (2)
                             Air seating - (kmself) - (1)
                                 Yes, you're bigger than your photo suggests. :-) -NT - (static)
         13 is old enough - (andread) - (8)
             The guy had a point, IMnshO. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                 Well his kid was 13, so is mine 5.8 150lbs big enough ? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     No, YOUR kid's 13 - Andy's was 5 at the time. Sheesh, Box... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         reading is fundamental - (boxley) - (4)
                             Um, Christian has a point - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Just to clarify.... - (andread)
                                 where is that sign url again? sheesh:) -NT - (boxley)
                             Indeed it is... and you failed. - (CRConrad)
         A practical concern - (Ashton) - (6)
             Good advice. Even kleenex helps some. -NT - (Another Scott)
             good point, he is already partially deaf. - (boxley)
             On that note... - (static) - (2)
                 High end hearing sucks - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Mine is gone - (Silverlock)
             Aesthetic as well - (3))

I am LRPD of Borg. Refreshing is useless. You will be addicted.
53 ms