IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 13 is old enough
We took our son (now 16) to his first outdoor show when he was a few weeks old (he doesn't remember) and to plenty of them since.
Most are fairly mellow although when he was five someone knocked him down and then had the nerve to say to me 'if the little dude can't take it he shouldn't be up here' this was reggae, no mosh pit
When Jesse was about 13 he wanted to see Wyclef Jean and since a band I liked was opening I took him. We worked our way up to the very front during the first band and I told him if he really wanted to see Wyclef he should stay right there for the rest of the show (I was going way in the back where they even had a few chairs). I explained to him that because he was right on the fence in front of the stage he could only get pressure from behind but if he moved back even a step he could be crushed in all directions and would not enjoy the show. The security guys said they would keep on eye on him, but I discounted that. He stayed right there and got to shake Wyclef's hand and catch his water bottle.

Have fun

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New The guy had a point, IMnshO.
I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to be looking out for people -- kids -- down around knee-height, or to walk carefully enough not to knock some thirty-pound tyke over, at venues where there usually aren't any kids at all. How the fuck was he supposed to be expecting that to happen?!?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Well his kid was 13, so is mine 5.8 150lbs big enough ?
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New No, YOUR kid's 13 - Andy's was 5 at the time. Sheesh, Box...
...*do* try to keep the facts straight, willya?!? I mean, it's bad enough you often write at closer to a five- than a thirteen-year-old's level, but you can *read*, cant'cha?!?

Yeah, since he's bigger than most women and as big as many men -- and most men *would* expect to see women, and other men, at a rock concert where they wouldn't expect to be stepping on toddlers, don'cha think? -- he'll probably be OK. To expect someone to run him over is about as unreasonable as *not* to expect someone to run over a five-year-old, in that situation, you see.

Sheesh... What is it with you people? As soon as you've procreated, you give up your brains at the door, or what?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New reading is fundamental
"When Jesse was about 13 he wanted to see Wyclef Jean and since a band I liked was opening I took him"
where the fuck is the 5?
thanx:)
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Um, Christian has a point
To answer your question, [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=34277|...although when he was five someone knocked him down and then had the nerve to say to me 'if the little dude can't take it he shouldn't be up here'...]

Christian's reply was talking about that incident.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Just to clarify....
Yes, Jesse was knocked down when he was five
Just for the record, we had gone to the same outdoor concert the year before and had hung out at the front the whoel time without incident

Sorry for any confusion but we have been to lots of concerts

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://wxxe.org|Tune In]
New where is that sign url again? sheesh:)
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Indeed it is... and you failed.
As Ben pointed out, I was replying to the second paragraph of Andy's post.

In the third para, which you are talking about, Andy and his kid had no problem when the boy was thirteen (provided some reasonable precautions were taken). But, more *fundamentally*... there Andy only talks about an anonymous "pressure from behind" -- where the fuck is the guy I was saying "had a point", in *that*?!? Don't try to sign me any signs, bubba -- you just got it wrong; be a man, admit it, and let us all get over it.

Oh, and go to that concert, take your big young son with you, and have fun! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
     Parenting question - (boxley) - (27)
         Last festival concert I went to ... - (drewk) - (10)
             No mosh pitting - (boxley) - (9)
                 I've never had a problem. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     No troubles here - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         Well if you look at the site under the rules thing - (boxley)
                 I just saw Billy Joel and Elton John - (broomberg) - (5)
                     Yahoo! - (Silverlock) - (4)
                         Naah; their new privacy policy sucks! -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Yeah, I have those big mouth suicidal moments. - (broomberg) - (2)
                             Air seating - (kmself) - (1)
                                 Yes, you're bigger than your photo suggests. :-) -NT - (static)
         13 is old enough - (andread) - (8)
             The guy had a point, IMnshO. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                 Well his kid was 13, so is mine 5.8 150lbs big enough ? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     No, YOUR kid's 13 - Andy's was 5 at the time. Sheesh, Box... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                         reading is fundamental - (boxley) - (4)
                             Um, Christian has a point - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                 Just to clarify.... - (andread)
                                 where is that sign url again? sheesh:) -NT - (boxley)
                             Indeed it is... and you failed. - (CRConrad)
         A practical concern - (Ashton) - (6)
             Good advice. Even kleenex helps some. -NT - (Another Scott)
             good point, he is already partially deaf. - (boxley)
             On that note... - (static) - (2)
                 High end hearing sucks - (broomberg) - (1)
                     Mine is gone - (Silverlock)
             Aesthetic as well - (3))

You finding Ling-ling's head?
94 ms