IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Time for a hybrid or new experiment?
It's not perfect, but it's better than a lot of the others.

Now, we just need to find a form that is sustainable.
New We need a "People" first.
A populace which tolerates 1 in 4 children living in poverty, millions among them unable to receive medical care, a higher child mortality rate than Guatemala, who applauds "trickle down" and the movement of a greater and greater share of private wealth moving up to the few, etc. ad nauseum, cannot be expected to give a tinker's damn about their community at large, let alone sustain a system which values all of its members equally.

I think it was Ashton who said we need a "more evolved" homo sapien first. I fear our star will go super nova before that happens.
New There's hope then!
The Sun isn't massive enough to supernova. It'll form a Red Giant when the H is consumed and swallow the Earth first. In the end, the Sun will become a [link|http://astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/courses/astro201/evol_sun.htm|black dwarf].

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I stand by my original - It'll never happen ;-)
New Heh.. 'minorities' win! _____if only metaphorically :-\ufffd
New There is plenty of people
Not everyone is a bg/bush/clinton clone. I think the problem lies more in the hero worship and media bloodsucking. Everyone feels that there is no hope so accept the status quo. Quit reporting on the Jacksons and Sharptons and report more on the Mother Laurences, Sister Theresa's. A grifter cannot be forced into parting with their ill gotten gains but they can damn sure be shamed into it or exposed. Takes an attitude swing at the grass roots. Lese Majesty is not in force and the church no longer gets a guarrantied 10% so that income stream must be ponied up to an elected body that will take care of the lesser folks in need, not use it to further line their own dempub pockets.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New I'd go a bit further than that.
Ever read Walden II by Skinner (one of my favorite behavioralists)?

You'd have to start small and build up.

!BUT!

Imagine trying to do so today. You'd be a "cult" living in a "compound".

I have no hope for mass evolution or mass enlightenment or even mass education.
     Communism wins in America - (boxley) - (14)
         Would that it were so. - (mmoffitt)
         Did Communism do these things, or did we? - (orion) - (10)
             If I recall..... - (Brandioch) - (9)
                 "Without firing a shot" and ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Original idea was about facilitating trading of essentials. - (Ashton)
                     Time for a hybrid or new experiment? - (Brandioch) - (6)
                         We need a "People" first. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             There's hope then! - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 I stand by my original - It'll never happen ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Heh.. 'minorities' win! _____if only metaphorically :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                             There is plenty of people - (boxley) - (1)
                                 I'd go a bit further than that. - (Brandioch)
         "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen - (Ashton) - (1)
             Maybe Im a cynical old bastard - (boxley)

Do not ask for whom the bellicose tolls.
48 ms