IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Communism wins in America
[link|http://neprimer.com/1963ComGoals.htm|1962 US Communist Party stated goals]
which ones didnt they achieve yet?
thanx,
comrade bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Would that it were so.
1's arguable, especially in light of the new atomic interpretation by the currently appointed administration.
Um 2, GMAB.
3. collasal failure.
4. Cuba anyone?
5. I'll give you.
6. See 4.
7. "We vulcans have a saying, 'Only Nixon could go to China.'"
8. Did they split again? I must have missed that.
9. That's a bad thing? It failed, of course.
10. Huh? You're kidding, right?
11. That can only be called a collosal failure.
12. Failed. Reagan made CPUSA candidates invisible on most ballots.
13. Jesus! I wish that were a WIN for CPUSA. But w/Ashcroft it doesn't look promising.
14. No info - but I doubt it.
15. ROFLMAO! failure.
16. Failed. We don't have too many civil rights, but too few.
17. Who wrote these? I suspect not the CPUSA. Communists have always been huge on education.
18. Absolute failure. Now, if we're talking Forbes control of student newspapers, well, then...
19. Doesn't make sense.
20. Oh right. Like Diane Sawyer (former Reagan speech writer)?
I can't make it to 45. As of the first 20, I count 15 failures.

bcnu,
Mikem
New Did Communism do these things, or did we?
I think our country backfired and we did these things to ourselves by electing idiots, frauds, cheaters, lyars, and weasles to office. Everything that happened was an accident due to political infighting and uncooperation between the parties to settle on a decent set of laws and policies. So now we have the chaos that the Communists said we would have.

I myself am not a Communist nor will I ever be one nor have I ever been one. I believe in Capitalizm, with one major change, to focus on the consumers instead of the super wealthy. I believe that trickle down theory doesn't work, that the rich horde their money or don't invest it in ways that trickle down to the rest of us.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New If I recall.....
The prediction was that we would rot from within.

New "Without firing a shot" and ...
the definition of "capitalism" I read once was: "a socio-economic system in the last stages of decay."

We seem to be moving ever more rapidly to satisfying that definition.
New Original idea was about facilitating trading of essentials.
Then we made mere acquistion a Necessity. Later we replaced Class-structure with - mere $-Possession will do. The we began to worship the 'means', the $ - and This religion eclipsed even the bloodiest-minded rantings of 12th Century self-loathing stuff with:

whatever it is we got. I guess the word 'capitalism' joins the other blab-words by now: WTF? has any idea what it was supposed to mean then.. let alone now ??

Ashton reDefinitions Ltd.
If you fucked-up? We'll redefine stupid clod to be, Populist Philosopher.
New Time for a hybrid or new experiment?
It's not perfect, but it's better than a lot of the others.

Now, we just need to find a form that is sustainable.
New We need a "People" first.
A populace which tolerates 1 in 4 children living in poverty, millions among them unable to receive medical care, a higher child mortality rate than Guatemala, who applauds "trickle down" and the movement of a greater and greater share of private wealth moving up to the few, etc. ad nauseum, cannot be expected to give a tinker's damn about their community at large, let alone sustain a system which values all of its members equally.

I think it was Ashton who said we need a "more evolved" homo sapien first. I fear our star will go super nova before that happens.
New There's hope then!
The Sun isn't massive enough to supernova. It'll form a Red Giant when the H is consumed and swallow the Earth first. In the end, the Sun will become a [link|http://astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/courses/astro201/evol_sun.htm|black dwarf].

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I stand by my original - It'll never happen ;-)
New Heh.. 'minorities' win! _____if only metaphorically :-\ufffd
New There is plenty of people
Not everyone is a bg/bush/clinton clone. I think the problem lies more in the hero worship and media bloodsucking. Everyone feels that there is no hope so accept the status quo. Quit reporting on the Jacksons and Sharptons and report more on the Mother Laurences, Sister Theresa's. A grifter cannot be forced into parting with their ill gotten gains but they can damn sure be shamed into it or exposed. Takes an attitude swing at the grass roots. Lese Majesty is not in force and the church no longer gets a guarrantied 10% so that income stream must be ponied up to an elected body that will take care of the lesser folks in need, not use it to further line their own dempub pockets.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New I'd go a bit further than that.
Ever read Walden II by Skinner (one of my favorite behavioralists)?

You'd have to start small and build up.

!BUT!

Imagine trying to do so today. You'd be a "cult" living in a "compound".

I have no hope for mass evolution or mass enlightenment or even mass education.
New "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen
Well, Box.. *that* was a fav book of my fascist-Gramma, she who worshipped the ground Joe McCarthy floated slightly above. It was (IIRC - been sooo long since I could bear even to skim that ugly stuff) akin to "I Led Three Lives" and other '50s Disneylandish stories of how the little cheeldrun would be subverted if they ever even came within 50 yds. of an unburned book by Marx (Groucho or the other), Engels (who he?) or Trotsky.

(Shoulda heard her fluttering about how.. them Commyunist Perfesssors at that Institute [think Linus Pauling! et al] were a gonna warp my pretty-little adolescent mind into my loving The Senator.. even less. Waal, at least she was right on that point - but I didn't need Their help..)

But it's another amusing vignette demonstrating that the irrelevancy of most congresscritters - with an open mouth hole - beggars one's search for a metaphor.

Aux barricades mes amis: the barbarians are now Within the gates and running Checkpoint Charlie too..
New Maybe Im a cynical old bastard
But I shall meet you at the barricades with a cooler full of beer and a portable hotdog stand, beer n brat $10 cheaper than the ballpark
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     Communism wins in America - (boxley) - (14)
         Would that it were so. - (mmoffitt)
         Did Communism do these things, or did we? - (orion) - (10)
             If I recall..... - (Brandioch) - (9)
                 "Without firing a shot" and ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Original idea was about facilitating trading of essentials. - (Ashton)
                     Time for a hybrid or new experiment? - (Brandioch) - (6)
                         We need a "People" first. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             There's hope then! - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 I stand by my original - It'll never happen ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Heh.. 'minorities' win! _____if only metaphorically :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                             There is plenty of people - (boxley) - (1)
                                 I'd go a bit further than that. - (Brandioch)
         "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen - (Ashton) - (1)
             Maybe Im a cynical old bastard - (boxley)

Now there's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
61 ms