IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen
Well, Box.. *that* was a fav book of my fascist-Gramma, she who worshipped the ground Joe McCarthy floated slightly above. It was (IIRC - been sooo long since I could bear even to skim that ugly stuff) akin to "I Led Three Lives" and other '50s Disneylandish stories of how the little cheeldrun would be subverted if they ever even came within 50 yds. of an unburned book by Marx (Groucho or the other), Engels (who he?) or Trotsky.

(Shoulda heard her fluttering about how.. them Commyunist Perfesssors at that Institute [think Linus Pauling! et al] were a gonna warp my pretty-little adolescent mind into my loving The Senator.. even less. Waal, at least she was right on that point - but I didn't need Their help..)

But it's another amusing vignette demonstrating that the irrelevancy of most congresscritters - with an open mouth hole - beggars one's search for a metaphor.

Aux barricades mes amis: the barbarians are now Within the gates and running Checkpoint Charlie too..
New Maybe Im a cynical old bastard
But I shall meet you at the barricades with a cooler full of beer and a portable hotdog stand, beer n brat $10 cheaper than the ballpark
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     Communism wins in America - (boxley) - (14)
         Would that it were so. - (mmoffitt)
         Did Communism do these things, or did we? - (orion) - (10)
             If I recall..... - (Brandioch) - (9)
                 "Without firing a shot" and ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Original idea was about facilitating trading of essentials. - (Ashton)
                     Time for a hybrid or new experiment? - (Brandioch) - (6)
                         We need a "People" first. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             There's hope then! - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 I stand by my original - It'll never happen ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Heh.. 'minorities' win! _____if only metaphorically :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                             There is plenty of people - (boxley) - (1)
                                 I'd go a bit further than that. - (Brandioch)
         "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen - (Ashton) - (1)
             Maybe Im a cynical old bastard - (boxley)

Give me someone I can vote for is all I ask.
63 ms