IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting investigation on DWB
[link|http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/weinkopf/2002/cw03-27-02.htm|PC Makes Study of Racial Profiling DOA]
The investigation was intended to verify long-standing complaints against the state cops, namely, that they are latent bigots who target motorists for the "crime" of DWB\ufffddriving while black.
Its researchers set up special radar guns and cameras to clock the speed and snap the pictures of thousands of drivers along the turnpike, speeders and non-speeders alike. Then teams of analysts pored over the photographs to determine each driver\ufffds race, without knowledge of the drivers\ufffd speeds.
Here\ufffds what the numbers, as provided by anonymous sources and reported in the New York Times, tell us: It\ufffds true that in New Jersey police pull over black motorists at rates far greater than their proportion of the driving population. While blacks made up 16 percent of motorists on the New Jersey Turnpike, they accounted for 23 percent of the traffic stops. But the reason for the disparity seems to have far less to do with race than with driving habits\ufffdalong the New Jersey Turnpike, black drivers accounted for 25 percent of the speeders.
According to a Washington Post story, the state bureaucrats "expected that (the study) would show that troopers were stopping minority drivers disproportionately and without justification." When the study failed to conform to their political expectations, they decided to shelve it altogether.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Is that Marlowe's picture?
From his other article:
[link|http://www.frontpagemag.com/columnists/weinkopf/2002/cw02-06-02.htm|Here]
For an American president to stand before the world and denounce certain nations as "evil" is to suggest that the U.S. can rightfully claim some sort of moral superiority, something the America-hating left has long been loath to admit.
Gotta love the "America-hating left" logic.

Not that such statements necessarily cast any doubt as to the accuracy of any of his other reporting. :)
New Apropos of Silverlock's listing of the dozens of
er 'conservative' media shows (in the Terror of Perpetual War forum) -- I guess this guy is YAN of the oppressed minority whose voices are stifled.. before they can explain again: how it is that 'liberals' feel, think, act - and always so awfully irrationally.

Gosh, when I hear his unbiased presentation - why it's all so clear. How *could* such people hold such views? Obviously there's nothing to them at all - surely no true conservative would stoop to such innuendo as,
THE LEFT, both in America and abroad, despises "evil"\ufffdthe word, that is. Evil deeds and personages it can tolerate. It makes excuses for traitors and apologies for terrorists. It spent much of the Cold War trying to explain why the Soviet Union wasn\ufffdt all bad, how Communism was really well-intentioned.
So then, since such doggerel could hardly emanate from a true conservative, and he seems to have started out with the above: wtf label does *this* guy wear?

Second thought: never mind.

Ashton

Mommy! Mommy! - that AWFUL looking man over there who doesn't have a flag in his lapel.. is that an ogre?

No, son.. that's a liberal
New Great minds think alike...
although fools beg to differ.

We're not going away, we're not slacking off (anymore), and we're not backing down. And post 9/11, we're not going to be as easygoing as we have been. Get used to it. The Left can't lead, and they won't follow. They'd better stay out of the way.

If you don't like our talk, be grateful it's only talk. Some Arab assholes pushed us too far, and now what's left of them are running for their lives. They'll be running `til they die.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New while I agree with your concept of the traditional left
The government seems to be having a dificult time in defining a goal, strategy, clue for attacking this terror thing. After Sept 11th and Bush'e speech that he will go and root them out I cheered. I thought for sure the Bekka Valley was going to see some warthogs and Puffs doing some damage to the training camps of American hating terrorists. He wanted Osama, demanded him from the Taliban and then went in.
So far so good.

Fast forward to Now
The troops are being led by perfumed princesses ticketpunching their way to the top, The Pakistani's were allowed to take C130 after C130 loaded to capacity with Al Quida top brass while American troops were kept on hold by the brass. Homeland security seems to have tightened a stranglehold on patriotic americans while leaving gaping holes for the bad guys.
In other words it is business as usual and the washington crowd thinks out of sight is out of mind and we will all forget their non-action.
The so-called right is just a nom-deguerre for my turn at the trough, just like the lefties stealing all the money when they are in power.
bidness as usual,
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New That's the great thing about a democracy.
If Dubya wimps out, as politicians are wont to do, we the voting public can put pressure on him. If he doesn't respond to pressure, we can vote him out in a few years. We did it to his wimpy dad, and we'll do it to him.

Of course a lot of damage can be done by then to the interests of freedom. No system is perfect. But we won't be destroyed, and we can rally.

And about Ashcroft and all that... there will be court challenges. He'll win a few, but the worst excesses will be checked and balanced.

Now this illegal immigrant amnesty scares me a bit.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New Well on the illegal amnesty I have heard 2 tails
One is that people who were in the middle of a status change which can take 10yrs, and their visa expired but they stayed because of the proccess, this amnesty is for them. Others say it is a blanket amnesty. Knowing the INS rather intimately I would say even they probably dont know or wont apply it as written.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Re: Great minds think alike...
The Left can't lead, and they won't follow.

And the Right can/will? Who you crappin'!
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New You said, "we"_____________got bedbugs?
New You really need to get out more.
Step outside the door and walk. Any direction. Keep walking until you start running into people who aren't in turtlenecks and goatees. Then walk some more until you run into people who aren't in ponytails and RATM shirts. When you start to see American flag stickers on the cars and minivans - lots of them - then you can take a breather.

Then shut up and listen, humbly eavesdropping on these strange creatures that surround you, earning their livings by productive labor, shopping, picking up their children... until you attain enlightenment, and realize: The nineties are so over, the sixties even more so, and your way of, um, thinking, if it was ever relevant, is no longer so.

Then scurry back and cower in the basement of the Postmodernist Textual Circle Jerk Theory Department building, and say to yourself over and over again: it's only a social construct... it's only a social construct.

And if you should ever start to suspect that the world you know exists only by the sufferance of the larger society outside - well, try not to dwell on that.
New very sharp stick! ROFL! hope he doesnt tune a scope your way
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Heh heh. He said "postmodern" again. Heh heh.
Step outside the door and walk. Any direction......
Is flannel acceptable, Mr. Marlowe? We gots lots of flannel in Seattle.

Oh, do you mean the people who couldn't SPELL "Taliban" back in August of 2001?

Oh, wait, maybe you are refering to the people who hosted the Taliban in Texas back in 1997?

Then shut up and listen, humbly eavesdropping on these strange creatures that surround you, earning their livings by productive labor, shopping, picking up their children... until you attain enlightenment, and realize: The nineties are so over, the sixties even more so, and your way of, um, thinking, if it was ever relevant, is no longer so.
Again, what relevant input would people who couldn't even identify Osama 2 years ago have on these issues?

Or is there some reason you think uninformed individual's opinions are relevant?

Ah, that's where your "we" comes from, right?
New Ya forgot, 'nattering nabobs of negativism'..
And lots of other boilerplate from the '40-'60s Patriotic Phrasebook. Shame! Spiro was One o'Yer Kinda Guys too! (Pity he got nailed for previous fraud) or.. you coulda spiced up that tawdry collection with..

Lacon too. Gosh - so many pigeonholes.. so few pigeons that fit.
Cluck cluck.

Ashton
crushed - to be unloved by a Righteous Patriot. Again. :(
New Ha ha ha hee hee hee!
If you don't like our talk, be grateful it's only talk.
That's the point. You are only talk. Prove you're not and get out there on the front lines.

Some Arab assholes pushed us too far, and now what's left of them are running for their lives. They'll be running `til they die.
Really? I guess that means you've found Osama now.

Oh, he's not the threat anymore. It's Saddam.

Well, at least you know what country Saddam is in.

In other endevours, that would be called a "fuck up". Your primary object evaded your attack and is capable of launching another of his own.

But then, armchair generals often fail.
New wow
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28700-2002Mar27.html|NAACP Denounces Study On Black Drivers, Speeding]
The Rev. William Rutherford said he had not read the study but did not believe its findings.

"We're only 12 percent of the population. If you arrested every white person that was speeding and every black person that was speeding, common sense will tell you that you're going to arrest more whites than blacks," Rutherford said.
So, not only has he not read the study he's denouncing, but he's also under the belief that 23% is more than 60%*. Give that Rev an F-

* The remaining 17% of speeders are hispanic or other. the study's [link|http://www.northjersey.com/news/static/images/turnpike_survey_032502.pdf|here](pdf file).

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New Doncha bring me no bad news!
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Bigot cops
Some of the Police in St. Louis County are racist. My wife is Asian, so when she got into an accident, the cop follower her to the hospital and wrote her a ticket in the ER while she was in shock. It was the other lady's fault, but since my wife was Asian, the cop figured my wife was the one at fault.

I suppose Michael Jackson would have no problem because he is no longer black, but white? That disease changed the color of his skin?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Nope, Jackson wouldn't get off that way
He'd get off because he'd hire Al Sharpton as his lawyer who would prove Michael's hands couldn't fit the wheel.
"I didn't know you could drive to Europe." -- An eavesdropper, piping in when he overheard a conversation about someone who had driven to Montreal.
     Interesting investigation on DWB - (SpiceWare) - (17)
         Is that Marlowe's picture? - (Brandioch) - (12)
             Apropos of Silverlock's listing of the dozens of - (Ashton)
             Great minds think alike... - (marlowe) - (10)
                 while I agree with your concept of the traditional left - (boxley) - (2)
                     That's the great thing about a democracy. - (marlowe) - (1)
                         Well on the illegal amnesty I have heard 2 tails - (boxley)
                 Re: Great minds think alike... - (jb4)
                 You said, "we"_____________got bedbugs? -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                     You really need to get out more. - (marlowe) - (3)
                         very sharp stick! ROFL! hope he doesnt tune a scope your way -NT - (boxley)
                         Heh heh. He said "postmodern" again. Heh heh. - (Brandioch)
                         Ya forgot, 'nattering nabobs of negativism'.. - (Ashton)
                 Ha ha ha hee hee hee! - (Brandioch)
         wow - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Doncha bring me no bad news! -NT - (jb4)
         Bigot cops - (orion) - (1)
             Nope, Jackson wouldn't get off that way - (wharris2)

Mmmmmm... gloat cheese!
92 ms