IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ha!
I guess that makes the US a banana republic since we're part of North America. :-/

You ever going to tell us how fear of taxes is more important than customers in determining business investment? http://iwt.mikevital....iwt?postid=36951

Cheers,
Scott.
New You ever going to read an entire post?
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Move to strike as unresponsive.
Again, anecdotes aren't data.

From 2007 - http://www.calculate...cre-overview.html

Here is an overview of non-residential investment and commercial real estate (CRE) from our most recent newsletter.

Recently many companies have announced plans to cut capital spending in 2008. This probably means non-residential fixed investments will decline in 2008, as compared to 2007.

This decline in investment is an important indicator for the economy, since changes in fixed investment correlate very well with GDP. The first graph shows the change in real GDP and Private Fixed Investment over the preceding four quarters through Q1 2008.

[...]

The decline in non-residential investment was fairly rapid during the previous two recessions (a decline in non-residential investment is usually more rapid than a decline in residential investment). In fact most of the decline in investment happened within four quarters.

During the '90/'91 investment slowdown, non-residential investment declined 17% in total, and about 14% in the first year. For the '01 investment slowdown, non-residential investment declined almost 20%, and 19% in the first four quarters.

[...]

Funny, fear of taxes and "uncertainty" about regulations doesn't show up there. I wonder why that is....

You got a better cite that supports your claim and applies to a significant fraction of the economy as a whole?

Cheers,
Scott.
New a blog from someone who lives off of BOA bonuses, sure
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Heh.
New Slump in commercial real estate post bubble. News @ 11!
Want to expand on why you think this is even remotely related to the subject?
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Here ya go.
http://www.bea.gov/n...PAhandbookch6.pdf (33 page .pdf)

Table 6.1—Content of Private Fixed Investment

Investment in structures by private business

-Includes construction of new nonresidential and residential buildings.
-Includes improvements (additions, alterations, and major structural replacements) to nonresidential and residential buildings.
-Includes certain types of equipment (such as plumbing and heating systems and elevators) that are considered an integral part of the structure.
-Includes nonbuilding construction (such as pipelines, railroad tracks, power lines and plants, and dams and levees).
-Includes mobile structures (such as office trailers at construction sites and temporary trailer classrooms) and manufactured homes.
-Includes petroleum and natural gas well drilling and exploration, including “dry holes.”
-Includes digging and shoring of mines.
-Includes brokers’ commissions on sales of new and existing structures.
-Includes net purchases (purchases less sales) of existing structures from governments.
-Excludes maintenance and repair of nonresidential and residential buildings.
-Excludes demolition costs not related to the construction of new structures.

IOW, Private Non-residential Fixed Investment includes CRE. CRE is a large component of PNFI. I would have thought you would have known that.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New What are you babbling about now?
Did I not call out CRE? Same as your current favorite blogger?

Aside from that...not certain what you are on about here.
New Reread #37242
http://iwt.mikevital....iwt?postid=37242

The point is, nonresidential investment, including CRE fell. It fell due to lack of demand. Not "uncertainty" about regulation or taxes or "taking over 25% of the economy".

Try to keep up, Ok?

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New you are claiming it is lack of demand
they are not investing due to uncertainty
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Not me, businesses. Show me I'm wrong.
New One more thing - NFIB
http://www.calculate...imism-hiring.html

Hiring plans have turned negative again. According to NFIB: "Over the next three months, eight percent plan to increase employment (unchanged), and 16 percent plan to reduce their workforce (up three points), yielding a seasonally adjusted net negative three percent of owners planning to create new jobs, down four points from August."

And the third graph shows the percent of small businesses saying "poor sales" is their biggest problem.

Usually small business owners complain about taxes and regulations (that usually means business is good!), but now their self reported biggest problem is lack of demand.

QED.

Here's the NFIB linky if you don't trust CR's summary - http://www.nfib.com/...-item?cmsid=54938

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hardly
simply a chart representing anecdotal evidence, right? Survey?

Additionally, nothing about what the other questions were? Was there another spike related to "health care costs"? After all, the NFIB was rabidly opposed to health care reform.
New I keep finding guys on the K bros payroll
http://imarketnews.com/node/20440

This guy must be on the take too.
New More words, please.
New sorry
mixing my references...this guy is an anecdote...not a k brother clone.

my bad
Expand Edited by beepster Oct. 12, 2010, 03:17:57 PM EDT
     zimbabwe here we come - (boxley) - (76)
         Maybe our resident dismal scientists can explain - (drook) - (74)
             I'm not one but I occasionally play one on IWT. - (Another Scott) - (71)
                 On business.. - (beepster) - (70)
                     NRFI fell off a cliff due to worries about taxes. Ok..... - (Another Scott)
                     No one gets a sure thing - (drook) - (68)
                         Hmm - (beepster) - (67)
                             Republicans criticize Obama. Film at 11:00. - (Another Scott) - (62)
                                 Hmm - (beepster) - (61)
                                     IOW, you can't do it. <Snoopy Dance> :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (60)
                                         Well... - (beepster) - (59)
                                             Um, something in particular in that 20 page screed? - (Another Scott) - (58)
                                                 why is gold so high? insecurity of investors - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     That's a different topic. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Those who are flogging gold . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 How do you translate - (beepster) - (54)
                                                     Now you're saying something different - (drook) - (48)
                                                         you obviously didn't read the links - (beepster) - (47)
                                                             Scott already asked you to show your work - (drook) - (46)
                                                                 Well done - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                     Glad you think so... -NT - (beepster)
                                                                 In all of this... - (beepster) - (43)
                                                                     Or you could read the first post in this thread - (drook) - (42)
                                                                         Re: Or you could read the first post in this thread - (beepster) - (41)
                                                                             Why do you make people work so hard to figure out your point - (drook) - (40)
                                                                                 Not certain what is clouding your mind - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                     Wherein I replace you with a simple script - (drook)
                                                                                     Aaaaaand ... let's try a different tack - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                         you had 3/4 of the repo party chanting voodoo economics - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                             So to be clear ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                 wrong the economy was in the toilet - (boxley)
                                                                                         Riight. - (beepster)
                                                                                 It's hopeless. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                                                                     Whatever dude. - (beepster) - (31)
                                                                                         For the customers - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                             Wherever they may be - (beepster)
                                                                                         One more thing to consider. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                                                                                             Meaning... - (beepster) - (27)
                                                                                                 Nope. - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                                                                                     Go figure, we disagree here also. - (beepster) - (25)
                                                                                                         What a surprise. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                                                                                             Heh.. My Gramma quoted similarly - (Ashton)
                                                                                                             Also not a surprise - (beepster) - (22)
                                                                                                                 Green Peace is right - (boxley)
                                                                                                                 What's not a surprise is you trust teabagger sites. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                                                                                                     what crap - (boxley)
                                                                                                                     Ah, George Mason University is now a teabagger site. - (beepster) - (18)
                                                                                                                         RCP? - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                                                                                             Hmm - (beepster) - (16)
                                                                                                                                 Ha! - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                                                                                     You ever going to read an entire post? -NT - (beepster) - (14)
                                                                                                                                         Move to strike as unresponsive. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                                                                             a blog from someone who lives off of BOA bonuses, sure -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                             Slump in commercial real estate post bubble. News @ 11! - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                 Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                     What are you babbling about now? - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         Reread #37242 - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                             you are claiming it is lack of demand - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                 Not me, businesses. Show me I'm wrong. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                         One more thing - NFIB - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                             Hardly - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                 I keep finding guys on the K bros payroll - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                     More words, please. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                         sorry - (beepster)
                                                     You're trying to change the topic. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                         That's it! - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Re: That's it! - (beepster)
                                                         then read the links I posted. -NT - (beepster)
                                                         nor is it a semantic game - (beepster)
                             'Human Events', eh? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Ah, I see - (beepster) - (2)
                                     Sorry. But.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         latin rules are quite clear, econ isnt - (boxley)
             Re: Maybe our resident dismal scientists can explain - (lincoln) - (1)
                 yes it does -NT - (boxley)
         Heh. - (Another Scott)

I’ve heard that Vicks Vapo-Rub tastes exactly like chicken.
219 ms