IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aaaaaand ... let's try a different tack
Republicans still revere Reagan. Even critics call him the "Great Communicator". His "Morning in America" was brilliant PR. He boosted confidence in a non-specific way that encouraged people to tell themselves, "Things are getting better."

Critics at the time said, "You can't just say things are getting better and that makes them better." Except that if you can effectively change a mood -- with a figurehead speaking reassuringly and a huge political machine dedicated to agreeing with him -- you can help to foster a virtuous cycle.

If, on the other hand, the huge political machine is dedicated to questioning everything the current figurehead says, it seems reasonable to suppose this could foster a negative spiral.

Now is where you say, "Gotchya! You just admitted that uncertainty can depress the economy."

Then I point out that the uncertainty isn't caused by what the figurehead is saying, but how the political machine responds to him. When I said earlier that the Republicans could end the uncertainty immediately by simply agreeing with whatever Obama says, that wasn't facetious.

If you really think uncertainty is the most important factor in continued slow growth, shouldn't you be advocating going along with Obama for the good of the economy?

I'm still not agreeing with your premise that uncertainty is the primary factor at work, just saying that to the extent that it is, it's a problem not of Obama's making.
--

Drew
New you had 3/4 of the repo party chanting voodoo economics
with the dems picking up the charge after reagan became the candidate. Boy you have a selective memory
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New So to be clear ...
You are saying that confidence (or uncertainty) have no effect on the economy?
--

Drew
New wrong the economy was in the toilet
and people wanted to try something else, the democrats had owned congress and the senate for 40 years, people didnt want to repeat the constant failures of the past. We tried reagan and things SLOWLY got better.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Riight.
These issues are being discussed why? I didn't bring them up, campaign on them nor bet my political career on them happening.

And certainly you could end the uncertainty by simply saying...yep, do whatever you want.

The impact of what he wants, however, may not make you very happy if its jobs you are looking for.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     zimbabwe here we come - (boxley) - (76)
         Maybe our resident dismal scientists can explain - (drook) - (74)
             I'm not one but I occasionally play one on IWT. - (Another Scott) - (71)
                 On business.. - (beepster) - (70)
                     NRFI fell off a cliff due to worries about taxes. Ok..... - (Another Scott)
                     No one gets a sure thing - (drook) - (68)
                         Hmm - (beepster) - (67)
                             Republicans criticize Obama. Film at 11:00. - (Another Scott) - (62)
                                 Hmm - (beepster) - (61)
                                     IOW, you can't do it. <Snoopy Dance> :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (60)
                                         Well... - (beepster) - (59)
                                             Um, something in particular in that 20 page screed? - (Another Scott) - (58)
                                                 why is gold so high? insecurity of investors - (boxley) - (2)
                                                     That's a different topic. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Those who are flogging gold . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                 How do you translate - (beepster) - (54)
                                                     Now you're saying something different - (drook) - (48)
                                                         you obviously didn't read the links - (beepster) - (47)
                                                             Scott already asked you to show your work - (drook) - (46)
                                                                 Well done - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                     Glad you think so... -NT - (beepster)
                                                                 In all of this... - (beepster) - (43)
                                                                     Or you could read the first post in this thread - (drook) - (42)
                                                                         Re: Or you could read the first post in this thread - (beepster) - (41)
                                                                             Why do you make people work so hard to figure out your point - (drook) - (40)
                                                                                 Not certain what is clouding your mind - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                                     Wherein I replace you with a simple script - (drook)
                                                                                     Aaaaaand ... let's try a different tack - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                         you had 3/4 of the repo party chanting voodoo economics - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                             So to be clear ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                 wrong the economy was in the toilet - (boxley)
                                                                                         Riight. - (beepster)
                                                                                 It's hopeless. - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                                                                     Whatever dude. - (beepster) - (31)
                                                                                         For the customers - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                             Wherever they may be - (beepster)
                                                                                         One more thing to consider. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                                                                                             Meaning... - (beepster) - (27)
                                                                                                 Nope. - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                                                                                     Go figure, we disagree here also. - (beepster) - (25)
                                                                                                         What a surprise. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                                                                                             Heh.. My Gramma quoted similarly - (Ashton)
                                                                                                             Also not a surprise - (beepster) - (22)
                                                                                                                 Green Peace is right - (boxley)
                                                                                                                 What's not a surprise is you trust teabagger sites. - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                                                                                                     what crap - (boxley)
                                                                                                                     Ah, George Mason University is now a teabagger site. - (beepster) - (18)
                                                                                                                         RCP? - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                                                                                             Hmm - (beepster) - (16)
                                                                                                                                 Ha! - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                                                                                     You ever going to read an entire post? -NT - (beepster) - (14)
                                                                                                                                         Move to strike as unresponsive. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                                                                             a blog from someone who lives off of BOA bonuses, sure -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                             Slump in commercial real estate post bubble. News @ 11! - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                                                                 Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                                     What are you babbling about now? - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                         Reread #37242 - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                             you are claiming it is lack of demand - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                                 Not me, businesses. Show me I'm wrong. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                                         One more thing - NFIB - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                             Hardly - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                                                                 I keep finding guys on the K bros payroll - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                                                                                     More words, please. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                                                                                         sorry - (beepster)
                                                     You're trying to change the topic. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                         That's it! - (drook) - (1)
                                                             Re: That's it! - (beepster)
                                                         then read the links I posted. -NT - (beepster)
                                                         nor is it a semantic game - (beepster)
                             'Human Events', eh? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 Ah, I see - (beepster) - (2)
                                     Sorry. But.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         latin rules are quite clear, econ isnt - (boxley)
             Re: Maybe our resident dismal scientists can explain - (lincoln) - (1)
                 yes it does -NT - (boxley)
         Heh. - (Another Scott)

But isn't everything better with Christopher Walken?
84 ms