IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looks like "perfect storm"
I've seen the demos that explain why it wasn't (just) the hydrogen. I've seen the demos (including Mythbusters) that explain why it wasn't (just) the paint.

It seems reasonable that either one without the other wouldn't account for what we saw. Why have I not seen anyone talking about whether it was the combination of the two that did it? All the demos seem intent on demonstrating either, "It was the paint, not the hydrogen," or, "It was the hydrogen, not the paint."

Guys? They had both of those things together. And it did burn. Q. E. fucking D.
--

Drew
New Think that was implicitly covered
in the comments from Colo. about the radiant heat from the hydrogen combustion (implicitly: accelerating the burning of the oxidizer-bereft 'thermite' coating.)
But, agree that -- in the spirit of the pseudo-science of adversarial law? -- they're going for an either/or digital-think "Win!". Fie on academicians, seduced by such stuff..

Further, since there is no hypothesis [either] for the etiology (process-in-detail) via which the internal hydrogen cells + ambient air got ignited, only presumably.. via those "low-Joule" electrostatic sparks
-- it might just as well have been because of a cigarette-pack-size infernal device du jour. As in one of the movie versions.

So then: WTF killed the Hindenburg?
(Perhaps Ctulhu was aggravated by Herr Hitler's massive Nasty-god hubris, and decided to give him a sample of a er, Real-god nasty hubris?) Could. be.

In the corrected-history file - (Ashton) - (6)
         Mythbusters looked at the Hindenburg, too. - (static)
         On #1, I don't think it's quite so clear. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Lovely illustration of a tragedy -- - (Ashton) - (1)
                 No special search string. - (Another Scott)
             Looks like "perfect storm" - (drook) - (1)
                 Think that was implicitly covered - (Ashton)

Spork - the other white utensil.
37 ms