IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lovely illustration of a tragedy --
a theory killed with a fact (or, several.)

The dynamics of SRB-booster burning is illuminating </pun>
And the explanation of the non-thermite-like composition and especially, non-uniform admixture sans a decent oxidizer, in the H. application -- pretty much suffices to discredit the entire Bain conjecture.
(Think I used a different perchlorate to make thermite, not that it matters.) And ya can't argue with Joules when speaking of energy transfers for whatever aim. The 'mantle' point re illumination is equally incisive, re. masking of the oft-dim spectral output of common (pure) flammable gases; as in Duh.

I had presumed.. that Bain had done all the basic physics calcs (as a 1 hour program had no time to list, for a general audience.) Bad moi, ass-uming.. thus, guilty of Murican-level sloth :-/
(Hell, probably lots of folks at PBS are as innumerate as the average.)

Maybe the Challenger deaths-via-O-ring Idiocy was not so rare an oversight at NASA.
Took someone from <cough> The Institute to apply that rigor which makes -mortis so familiar a term.

Thanks -- Dessler/Colo. link belongs in Snopes IMhO.
Be curious to see what your search string was, to nail this fine rebuttal.
It's so much more fun than the neutralizing of some tea-party babble / of which there is So Much, now.

New No special search string.
I'd heard years ago about the aluminized paint causing the disaster, and it sounded sort-of plausible (but then again there was always the subsequent nagging feeling: the Germans have a reputation for being very careful about technical things, so it seemed rather ridiculous that they would really use a highly flammable paint), but then more recently heard that it had been debunked. I checked Snopes and didn't see anything.

So I just searched for "Hindenburg" and followed some links at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia....LZ_129_Hindenburg (specifically reference #46).

It's easy when Wikipedia has the important sources already. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     In the corrected-history file - (Ashton) - (6)
         Mythbusters looked at the Hindenburg, too. - (static)
         On #1, I don't think it's quite so clear. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Lovely illustration of a tragedy -- - (Ashton) - (1)
                 No special search string. - (Another Scott)
             Looks like "perfect storm" - (drook) - (1)
                 Think that was implicitly covered - (Ashton)