IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I know how to use a hammer, but can't build a house
Just because you know the equipment doesn't mean you can use it properly. If this -- http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6493 -- is right, the well plan was wrong. And it's wrong in the same way lots of well plans are probably wrong. But ...
Similar or identical plans were undoubtedly approved and used by many operators on other wells drilled in the Gulf of Mexico. A plan that does not include enough cement to overlap the final and previous casing strings, and that does not require running a cement-bond log to ensure the integrity of the seal is a defective plan. The fact that there have not been blowouts on previous wells does not justify the approval and use of an unsafe plan.
--

Drew
New and I said that from the get go
using seawater to replace drilling mud at that depth is wrong, the folks who made the decision own that decision.
     The N-word re Big Dumb Oil ??? - (Ashton) - (13)
         I dont own any oil stocks - (boxley) - (12)
             You saying BP's executives understand the equipment? - (drook) - (9)
                 most do understand the equipment at least a couple of veeps - (boxley) - (8)
                     Oh, so they just don't *care* about warnings - (drook) - (1)
                         Re: Oh, so they just don't *care* about warnings - (boxley)
                     No, evidence is: They Don't Understand the basics. Veep nor - (Ashton) - (5)
                         Im glad you know so much about it - (boxley) - (4)
                             I know how to use a hammer, but can't build a house - (drook) - (1)
                                 and I said that from the get go - (boxley)
                             Re: Im glad you know so much about it - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I'll be amazed if they can shut it down in August. - (Another Scott)
             No, they are "stationalized" - (crazy) - (1)
                 how is gummint motors doing? - (boxley)

I'm sorry, I came here for an argument!
54 ms