IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I can't see a Con-Lib coalition
If parliament is hung, this is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for the Liberal Democrats to get proportional representation (or at least a referendum on it), which will improve their future seat counts. However, the Conservatives don't want PR at all. Also, if a Lab-Lib coalition doesn't form, the Conservatives can form a minority government and Labour and Liberals won't dare try to throw it out with a vote of no confidence, knowing the electorate will spank them for triggering a second election.

Labour and Liberals need a coalition, Conservatives do not and Con-Lab will never happen. Also, after reading the manifestos, Liberal policy is closer to Labour than Conservative. I give it a 75% of some Lab-Lib coalition and 40% of such a coalition with the condition that Gordon Brown resigns.
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New I can.
Watch this space.

Cleggy has just said he thinks the party with the most seats should be the one that forms a government.

Osborne might be unemployed in that case, in favour of Cable.
New could you explain proportional representation?
I was under the impression you'all had that. Thats what we do with the congress here. Or is it all of the ridings are inherited from ancient times?
thanx,
bill
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New No, we're FPTP
     It's Election Day in the UK - (pwhysall) - (32)
         I can't see a Con-Lib coalition - (warmachine) - (3)
             I can. - (pwhysall)
             could you explain proportional representation? - (boxley) - (1)
                 No, we're FPTP -NT - (pwhysall)
         Oh dear. - (static)
         Looks like Labour did better than the polls predicted. - (Another Scott)
         Lib Dems get the offer - (malraux) - (25)
             And the negotiating games begin - (jay) - (24)
                 Didn't Clegg tie his own hands? - (Another Scott) - (22)
                     Easy. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                         More on the Lib/Lab coalition - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             "a well-loathed figure" - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 I could not possibly comment on that.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Except his party would block a Con-Lib coalition - (warmachine) - (17)
                             I think you're underestimating the LIB thirst for power. - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                 He will probably try - (jay)
                                 Citation needed - (warmachine) - (14)
                                     Re: Citation needed - (pwhysall) - (13)
                                         No explicit rejection of coalition with minority parties - (warmachine) - (12)
                                             Well, it's anyone's guess now. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                                                 Well Britain *does* have the Monster Raving Loony Party... -NT - (static)
                                                 britain has discovered the israeli method of government :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                 Aaaaand the LIB/CON love-in is back on. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                     It's over. Brown's out. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                         It's probably too early to say "I told you so", but... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         It looks like he got the big concession - (jay) - (4)
                                                             Nah. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 It wouldn't surprise me - (jay)
                                                             I'd have never believed that would ever happen - (warmachine)
                                                             That sounds like`Instant Run-Off. - (static)
                 Gordon Brown takes the necissary step - (jay)

It's a trick. Get an axe.
77 ms