IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That was a bargain!
Four hundred K!!
(My first install of a 3.5 drive: I put it in upside-down == matched the lights config of other drive. Disk wouldn't go in properly. WTF? Took several minutes to grok to fullness.) Don't tell anyone.

*Osborne1 #0189 IIRC:
Box of MMM Single-sided @ 80 Kbytes: $50+ {$igh} -- but Miraculous compared to the cassette recorders for Timex and other toy-but-real 'computers'. WordStar, complete: 58Kbyes. (Has Word(y) reached 10 GB yet?)

Anyone want a Timex/Sinclair 1000? Dropped off by someone who couldn't bring self to toss it in the blue bin.. Some sort of Sinclair™ backpack plug-in, presumably extra memory; allegedly working. Shipping is on the House.

* ~ '84ish, Lee Felsenstein (!) called to order some Tweek™ -- a 'contact enhancer' great for intermittent keyboards, other connections.. He designed the Osborne(s). Sent him some, wouldn't take his money. One rarely gets to thank an Originator.

re Tweek:
I had handed a sample to Jerry Pournelle ~ '84, seen wandering the aisles at a computer convention in SF; not 'Wescon' == general electronics, but ____? He tried it on a kb and pronounced it worthy of inclusion on a Products of the Year column. (A physicist cohort who imported mondo-fancy phono cartridges, designed tone-arms, etc. had found the stuff. So, after this free Ad I handled the fallout.)

PS - had the satisfaction (satisfiction?) of telling an IBM caller that handling a P.O. wasn't a a part of my ad hoc operation; he'd need to send A CHECK. Flabbergasted was he. Chortling was I. The check arrived and 10 teensy bottles /syringes of Tweek duly dispatched. Hee.. hee ... I see ... I See a sequel:

Sorry Mr. Gates, no reflection on your creditworthiness ... but I'll need a postal money order to sell you my CP/M-to-8088 beginner OS, so your little venture can get started..

(Oh, I presume you'll give us some credit when you release something, yesss?)
Oh, and: we can elaborate on a little idea for an ASCII-Registry, if you promise not to use any binaries in it:
that will be an additional $666.00. In advance.

Fade-to-blackheartedness . . .

New Putting things inside of other things
I got my mom an iPhone for Xmas two years ago (before I purchased my own). Thinking the plastic thing in the SIM slot was just a packing insert, I proceeded to confidently insert the SIM card from her old phone directly into the slot. I spent the next shameful half hour assembling an extraction toolset from plastic toothpicks, scotch tape, and high-magnification reading glasses.

On the subject of 3.5" floppies: I remember performing surgery on a number of them while working in the college computer lab. I'd transplant the actually floppy part from a case with a damaged metal door or melted from being left in a hot car into a new case so distraught students could (hopefully) recover their files.
     Sic transit gloria floppi - (rcareaga) - (13)
         didnt have one on the NeXt either -NT - (boxley)
         I remember when HP wanted $70 for a box of 10. - (Another Scott)
         It wasn't the iMac Jobs was famous for . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             I don't think the original NeXT had a CD-ROM - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 correct -NT - (boxley)
                 I'm sure you're right . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Sic transit gloria floppi - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Re: Sic transit gloria floppi - (lincoln)
         And the world moves on... - (static) - (2)
             Completely OT... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Indeed, Its cutesiness is at Beastware baby-babble level. -NT - (Ashton)
         That was a bargain! - (Ashton) - (1)
             Putting things inside of other things - (altmann)

I liked Dragon Ball Z better; it didn't try as hard to be idiotic.
42 ms