IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And the world moves on...
There is a significant problem in marrying computer technology with music technology: the latter is going to get left behind at some point.

I play an elderly Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler at church. It's actually only 17 years old, but it is technically a computer designed for playing music so from that aspect ancient. It has a 68000 CPU, 8Mb of RAM (originally, it shipped with 2Mb!) and a HD 3.5" FDD. The SCSI-1 interface was a later add-on. But look at it as a musical instrument and it's got years of life in it, so long as the storage holds out. People continue to resurrect old ZIP drives, ancient SCSI drives (I have one myself) and CF-adapters are also still sought after. I know of people still use SyQuest drives! And floppies are still being used to interact with a PC...

Earlier devices from Ensoniq used DD 3.5" diskettes and they are very rare. I had collected some sixty of them over the years prior to finally selling my EPS-16plus, and sold the diskettes with it. Now I have to stockpile HD diskettes?

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Completely OT...
...but how I despise the word "diskette".

Have done ever since I first read it on my very first box of floppy discs (they were Verbatim DataLife double-density, double-sided 360K discs, fact fans).
New Indeed, Its cutesiness is at Beastware baby-babble level.
     Sic transit gloria floppi - (rcareaga) - (13)
         didnt have one on the NeXt either -NT - (boxley)
         I remember when HP wanted $70 for a box of 10. - (Another Scott)
         It wasn't the iMac Jobs was famous for . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             I don't think the original NeXT had a CD-ROM - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 correct -NT - (boxley)
                 I'm sure you're right . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Sic transit gloria floppi - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Re: Sic transit gloria floppi - (lincoln)
         And the world moves on... - (static) - (2)
             Completely OT... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Indeed, Its cutesiness is at Beastware baby-babble level. -NT - (Ashton)
         That was a bargain! - (Ashton) - (1)
             Putting things inside of other things - (altmann)

If nautical nonsense be what ye wish...
46 ms