IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Concur re the beastly typ. 'cooking' of asparagus
While my solution may lack panache -- I found that steaming same in a double-boiler thingy, with stalks suitably de-wooded produces a brilliant green, a decent flavor (it is oft fresh-picked next door) and a mush-free but tender result.. with a little bit of crunch.

fwiw
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New How does it compare to blanched?
--

Drew
New Thought that was about deactivating enzymes prior to
freezing?

So while I should.. have done some of that all-along with the fresh-picked things available ... didn't.
(No excuses either: this year maybe I shall become Responsible.) Except.. this year there may be little left of the garden next door, due to certain irreconcilable differences arising within that household :-/
Lousy timing, that..

Anyway, unclear if it's a decent ritual for fresh-picked, immediately cooked and served, VS for 'storage'.
(Apparently I lack the engrams to have become an authentic cook (let alone chef!) all along, though I have prepared a mean truffles/omelet for certain candle-lit events.)

So youse guys are at an echelon I have merely glimpsed from afar. But CLYGM is an inducement to pay more attention, if I get a round tuit. Nicely Done, btw. Wish you every success on current projects -- at very least:
a ticket Out of the er, tyranny of bit-munging, which cannot be nearly as much fun, eh?

A.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
     Goodness, this looks good. - (Another Scott) - (18)
         Geez, drook - (jake123) - (13)
             Two ways - (drook) - (5)
                 Wow - (jake123)
                 Concur re the beastly typ. 'cooking' of asparagus - (Ashton) - (2)
                     How does it compare to blanched? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Thought that was about deactivating enzymes prior to - (Ashton)
                 Try a third way - (Silverlock)
             I say bad things about asparagus too . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 That looks yummy, too! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Damn, that sounds good - (drook) - (4)
                     Not close enough . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Doh! Yeah, I've seen the oval stickers - (drook) - (2)
                             I think it was Molly Ivins who said . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 I would guess that's automated - (drook)
         Yes it does. -NT - (beepster)
         I love fesh asparagus omlettes -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Yup, a favorite . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Goodness, this looks good. - (malraux)

LI_
68 ms