to read a technically ept essay, free of dogmatic undertones and artfully edited so as not to become tedious via presenting just too-many gratuitous arcane details.
Another essay which makes clear(er) just how difficult ever it IS: to assess any One part of the "seeing images/text" neural process
-- without addressing the rest of the chain (or at least referencing same for the studious.)

Nice find.

I still recall first viewing of the (then miniaturized! yet 18# !!) Sony 5" Trinitron Tee Vee.
The brain, seeing the small image (a phenom I noticed anew on being amazed at the apparent-clarity of a cel-fone image)
-- seemed to do something like it does when seeing a magnified Kodachrome slide, with its silky, non-pixelized dye base
== the resolution Looks quite better than the dot-count would suggest.

(I have one of these now, a second one for me: bought for $25 from a clueless local 'computer' shop. They cost ~$400, when that was real money.
'Course now it's museum-stuff, yet still amazes with NTSC, whether actually or via digi-box du jour.) Has to be 30 yrs. old and still 'boots'.
The Sony that ... Once WAS.