IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Skepticism is good, and necessary.
Real skepticism good. Phony skepticism (certitude in skepticism's raiment) not so much. Dogmatic skepticism even less so. Would you be as indulgent of boxley if he weighed in as frequently on behalf of Young Earth creationists as he does on behalf of global warming denialists? If not, why not? After all, Darwinism is merely a "theory," hey? Surely we ought to give equal weight to the opinions—pardon me, to the findings—of the Biblical literalists, don't you think? And if not, why be so indulgent with Master Oxley?

cordially,
New I think he's not a lost cause.
He is willing to accept some evidence, unlike the creationists. And, as he says, he accepts the evidence but disagrees with (IMO strawman) policy arguments that he thinks the IPCC and others are pushing. I appreciate the challenge he offers.

Why? Well I see some of myself in some of his arguments. I was briefly taken in by McI & McK and their criticism of the "hockey stick" graph; and I remember being a fan of Neal Bortz as a kid. For a while. :-/

It's good to be forced to support propositions. Sites that only have similar posters are boring. :-)

But, yeah, he needs better sources. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New noaa isnt a good source and wikipedia is? tough crowd
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
     95% chance that Man is to blame for global warming - (lincoln) - (23)
         heard on NPR about ten years ago... - (rcareaga) - (1)
             7. Ergo, Vegans of the world Unite! - (Ashton)
         Re: 95% chance that Man is to blame for global warming - (boxley) - (20)
             Eh? - (Another Scott) - (19)
                 You don't understand - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     sorry to see you sick - (boxley) - (2)
                         Re: sorry to see you sick - (lincoln) - (1)
                             the code, not the compiler -NT - (boxley)
                     Skepticism is good, and necessary. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Re: Skepticism is good, and necessary. - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             I think he's not a lost cause. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 noaa isnt a good source and wikipedia is? tough crowd -NT - (boxley)
                 sorry no wikiagwing allowed - (boxley) - (10)
                     Hmmm. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         if c02 has risen by 65 ppm in the last 40 years - (boxley) - (8)
                             And why are those companies doing that work? -NT - (drook) - (7)
                                 because they are AGW folks and want to make a dollar as well - (boxley) - (6)
                                     Let's see if I've got this straight - (drook) - (5)
                                         beating the straw man with the red herring again? - (boxley) - (4)
                                             Cap and trade is trying to appease Republicans - (drook)
                                             Herein you see the issue - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                 if gore wants money for it Im against it science be damned -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Point made. -NT - (Silverlock)

+++ATH
50 ms