IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New less than 5% of users in American ISPs
acoount for 85% of the bandwidth, that is the issue yet everyone wants the same price.
New Then don't effing...
Advertise *UNLIMITED* and expect nobody to use it!
New no one advertizes that, give me an example
New It is implicit
Relentlessly market high speeds and high bandwidth applications without mentioning any limits? If they dont say '2', they sure are saying '1+1'. That is the message Comcast is carpet bombing their cable customers with, and ATT has an app for that too.

And speed is the wrong measure anyway. It is the volume that is the killer. I don't see where "everyone" claims to want it all for the same price. Tiered pricing based on volume works very well in continental Europe. Prices are a lot lower for higher bandwidth with fewer restrictions.

(I excluded the UK because the ISPs there have already created the mess the US is heading for.)
New 16Mbit/sec
Against the 250G "limit" they NEVER mention is a grand total of 4.5 hours of download time.

Oh sure... that means I get GREAT stuff I am paying for. I pay $67/month for it as it is. Business Class Comcast doesn't change the limits any.

I don't care if I have to pay $99... give better service and not filtering of DNS or other core services (SMTP disallow is fine as long as I can use the alternate ports). This 2-3 times a day having to reboot my Cable Modem to resync with the QAM timing SUCKS.
New It's not unlimited...
It's "Up to 15 mbps download" or whatever.

Catch is -- if you start USING 15 mpbs the companies get ticked off. They've oversold their network so if you start using that much, they need to throttle you back.

Really - it's not that Hulu provides competition for Comcast...honest.
New Re: It's not unlimited...
there's a rumor going around that Hulu will start charging next yearT

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     network neutrality - (boxley) - (19)
         Doesn't sound like that's what the FCC is proposing to me. - (Another Scott) - (18)
             p2p, spam, ham criminal networking - (boxley) - (17)
                 It sounds to me that there are several issues. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                     severe loud screaming, lost extended edits - (boxley) - (2)
                         Sleep well. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             will play the taint song several times to get straight -NT - (boxley)
                     here ya go - (boxley) - (12)
                         I still think you're misreading it. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             why is comcast in court? - (boxley) - (10)
                                 Why? Looks like they repeatedly lied to the FCC. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                     less than 5% of users in American ISPs - (boxley) - (6)
                                         Then don't effing... - (folkert) - (5)
                                             no one advertizes that, give me an example -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 It is implicit - (scoenye)
                                                 16Mbit/sec - (folkert)
                                             It's not unlimited... - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                                                 Re: It's not unlimited... - (lincoln)
                                 Spoofed traffic - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     I've already... - (folkert)

Would you like fries with that?
46 ms