IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Marx thought we couldn't overcome the drunkeness.
And I do not believe that any of the anthropomorphic religions yield themselves to an abandonment of "the rapture". Even among non-violent, non-supremisist "believers" religion remains a self-serving endeavor (we do good because we want a reward after death, or we fear retribution if we don't do good).

No one can dispute that more harm has been done "in the name of God" (whoever she is) than for any other motivation. But, if she's out there (and to concede my own bias, I believe she is) any violence done in her name is the worst form of corruption.

Will religion ever cease to be "an opiate of the People"? I believe it can be, but only if all the medieval, superstitious, anthropomorphic religions of fear have been irradicated from all cultures worldwide. I have doubts as to whether the planet will last long enough for that to happen.
Collapse Edited by mmoffitt March 8, 2002, 09:56:53 AM EST
Marx thought we couldn't overcome the drunkeness.
And I do not believe that any of the anthropomorphic religions yield themselves to an abandoment of "the rapture". Even among non-violent, non-supremisist "believers" religion remains a self-serving endeavor (we do good because we want a reward after death, of we fear retribution if we don't do good). No one can dispute that more harm has been done "in the name of God" (whoever she is) than for any other motivation. But, if she's out there (and to concede my own bias, I believe she is) any violence done in her name is the worst form of corruption. Will religion ever cease to be "an opiate of the People"? I believe it can be, but only if all the medieval, superstitious, anthropomorphic religions of fear have been irradicated from all cultures worldwide. I have doubts as to whether the planet will last long enough for that to happen.
New Then we are agreed on the odds. :(
     YAN in the neighborHOOD - (boxley) - (38)
         They won't. - (mmoffitt) - (33)
             yup watched Pat the other night - (boxley) - (32)
                 I don't have a dog in this fight, but, ... - (mmoffitt) - (31)
                     Definitions - (boxley) - (20)
                         Huh? - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                             lets start over (good points though) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Good, getting somewhere - (boxley)
                             ROFL! - (boxley)
                             lets use a more unbiased link - (boxley)
                             more stuff on who "rules" the west bank - (boxley) - (13)
                                 That's NOT the question. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                     So the question remains - (boxley) - (11)
                                         That's an interesting position. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                             dont think so - (boxley)
                                             Have to diverge form your otherwise logical - (Ashton) - (8)
                                                 Different perhaps, but not unique. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     They are unique in another regard... - (screamer)
                                                     Lots has been written, even right chere - (Ashton)
                                                     Anti-semitism today - (bluke) - (1)
                                                         Just remember that you don't - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Re: "The Holocaust, unique surely in scale and in so brief - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                     You are right.. - (Ashton)
                                                     The Famine was to destroy the Kulaks - (boxley)
                     Always had been Palestine???? - (bluke)
                     Let us think about what you said... - (bluke) - (8)
                         Disturbing. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                             Hardly surprising - why disturbing? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 I said disturbing, not incomprehensible. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     That may be precisely, "the rub" ! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Marx thought we couldn't overcome the drunkeness. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             Then we are agreed on the odds. :( -NT - (Ashton)
                             Why?? - (bluke) - (1)
                                 Re: confounds them? It pisses them off! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: YAN in the neighborHOOD - (a6l6e6x)
         Dry bones cartoon - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: Dry bones cartoon - (a6l6e6x)
         At least I understand your sig now. -NT - (static)

I swear, if I had the Holy Hand Grenade that hamster would be a blood pie.
63 ms