You would say anything to avoid a rational serious discussion about facts. I started the thread here because the war of 1812 is not pertinent to the war on terror forum. It is a historical debate.
You objected to my assertion that theft of land was the primary object of that war. You (rightly) quoted the law of the sea issues and (wrongly) asserted that the land was empty undeeded and ripe for expansion. The Ohio valley was deeded by both the british and the us colonial governments to various tribal entities. You then asserted that if the Indians followed the whiteman road they would have been assimilated. I pointed out to you several instances where that happened and the land was stolen anyway. You graciously acceeded the point about the cherokees but asserted the northern tribes were different. I then asked you to say how they were different. You quoted Washington I quoted first hand and written historical experience then instead of going point by point to explain why in detail how a white frontier town was differnt and morally superior than an Indian frontier town you whine about race baiting.
Either you have no interest in expanding our(common) historical knowledge and expanding this part of history to others reading the thread or you see a chance that your self image might be tarnished by finding out that something you firmly believed "because" might have to take a shift.
dive in or out.
thanx,
bill