IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Whining doesnt make you comely
Uh, Marlowe I have never flamed you YET!
Yes I do tend to see the Native Americans slightly differently than most as I have lived amongst them and am married to one. You have a "If it aint White it aint right" Attitude towards the settlement of the USA. Lots of people do, you are not alone. All I have tried to point out is that attitude isnt nescessarily correct. I am still waiting for a detailed response on how white towns on the frontier were inherently superior than Indian towns. All I get is this self centered snivel about how I am picking on you. Ok, you dont wish to think about things, you are convinced you are right and dont wish to discuss it.
Fine
As for flamage? You havnt bothered me enough to flame you.
thanx,
bill
There is no difference between a "settler," "soldier," "secular," or "Chassidic Jew." The target is the JEW.
\ufffd Harvey Tannenbaum
New And all I'm pointing out is...
you have grossly distorted my attitude in order to attack a straw man, and you really should have known better.

[Ed note: Oops, I confused you with Ben Tilly in the original second paragraph. Sorry about that. An easy mistake to make. The first para applies to both of you, though.]

Let the admin move this thread wherever he sees fit. The whole thing got put in the open Forum by Boxley, and nobody objected at the time that I noticed, so that's where I posted this.

[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
Expand Edited by marlowe March 8, 2002, 09:12:26 AM EST
New Marlowe is a facist wife beater :)
You would say anything to avoid a rational serious discussion about facts. I started the thread here because the war of 1812 is not pertinent to the war on terror forum. It is a historical debate.
You objected to my assertion that theft of land was the primary object of that war. You (rightly) quoted the law of the sea issues and (wrongly) asserted that the land was empty undeeded and ripe for expansion. The Ohio valley was deeded by both the british and the us colonial governments to various tribal entities. You then asserted that if the Indians followed the whiteman road they would have been assimilated. I pointed out to you several instances where that happened and the land was stolen anyway. You graciously acceeded the point about the cherokees but asserted the northern tribes were different. I then asked you to say how they were different. You quoted Washington I quoted first hand and written historical experience then instead of going point by point to explain why in detail how a white frontier town was differnt and morally superior than an Indian frontier town you whine about race baiting.
Either you have no interest in expanding our(common) historical knowledge and expanding this part of history to others reading the thread or you see a chance that your self image might be tarnished by finding out that something you firmly believed "because" might have to take a shift.
dive in or out.
thanx,
bill
There is no difference between a "settler," "soldier," "secular," or "Chassidic Jew." The target is the JEW.
\ufffd Harvey Tannenbaum
     Your lack of reading comprehension doesn't make you smarter - (marlowe) - (22)
         This is fucking surreal. - (CRConrad) - (4)
             Yup - (broomberg) - (3)
                 Heh.. I'll reply/explain once it's in the correct forum! :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
                 ROFL...good one Barry -NT - (bepatient)
                 Sentient LRPDism... - (static)
         What about the Civil War? - (nking) - (2)
             Southerners would see that differently. - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Yes sir, - (nking)
         How gracious of you - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             How facile of you. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 Actually... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Ben, you misread from the beginning. - (marlowe)
         Whining doesnt make you comely - (boxley) - (2)
             And all I'm pointing out is... - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Marlowe is a facist wife beater :) - (boxley)
         Forgive me for fueling your troll fire... - (screamer) - (4)
             Savage savages savaging something-or-other. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                 I guess this would explain then, how it is that - (Ashton) - (1)
                     OT Re: Maidenform bra - (a6l6e6x)
                 Historic anonymous - (screamer)
         LRPD: " Disputants more fiendish than the Great Hyperlobic - (Ashton) - (1)
             OIC...LMAO... - (screamer)

(It's only a model...) SHHHH!
84 ms