IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Could be deja vu for GM.
http://www.lovearth....telydestroyed.htm

The electric streetcar, contrary to Van Wilkin's incredible naïve whitewash, did not die a natural death: General Motors killed it. GM killed it by employing a host of anti-competitive devices which, like National City Lines, debased rail transit and promoted auto sales.

This is not about a "plot" hatch by wild-eyed corporate rogues, but rather about a consummate business strategy crafted by Alfred P. Sloan, Jr., the MIT-trained genius behind General Motors, to expand auto sales and maximize profits by eliminating streetcars. In 1922, according to GM's own files, Sloan established a special unit within the corporation which was charged, among other things, with the task of replacing America's electric railways with cars, trucks and buses.
Alex
New Yeah, seen that story before
I doubt more than a fraction of a percent of the people who saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit know that the scheme behind it all was based on real life.
--

Drew
     What it's like inside Chrysler today. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Sounds like a slow implosion. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I had an idea tonight - (drook) - (8)
             so who gets to cover the spread? - (boxley) - (7)
                 Your understanding is wrong - (drook) - (6)
                     didnt know that, thanx -NT - (boxley)
                     I haven't seen the movie, but... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         I'd have to see it again to get the details better - (drook) - (3)
                             I'll have to check it out. Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Could be deja vu for GM. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Yeah, seen that story before - (drook)

It's a lot less messy in here when Karsten's absent...
181 ms