IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd have to see it again to get the details better
But for the batteries, they interviewed a guy who has multiple patents to his name that have made huge money in multiple fields. He had battery technology that he sold to GM for -- he thought -- the EV1 program. As soon as they owned the rights, they shut down the factory and stopped R&D.

"General Motor's Ken Stewart says few people wanted a car that had to be plugged in every hundred miles or so."

No, and red herring. The EV1 could go 200 miles on a charge when it first shipped, up to 300 by the end of the program. So "every hundred miles or so" was fudging the truth. And every time someone tried to get on the waiting list, someone from GM would call them and do a "survey" with questions designed to turn them off.

Such as: "Would you be willing to have as your only vehicle a car that can't tow a trailer? How happy would you be having to stop every hundred miles to charge a car for several hours?" Only after doing the survey could you put your name on a list. Yet somehow thousands of people still got on the list. What other car do they try to talk you out of?

If it sounds like a conspiracy theory, they present quite a bit of evidence that there was, in fact, a conspiracy.
--

Drew
New I'll have to check it out. Thanks. :-)
New Could be deja vu for GM.
http://www.lovearth....telydestroyed.htm

The electric streetcar, contrary to Van Wilkin's incredible naïve whitewash, did not die a natural death: General Motors killed it. GM killed it by employing a host of anti-competitive devices which, like National City Lines, debased rail transit and promoted auto sales.

This is not about a "plot" hatch by wild-eyed corporate rogues, but rather about a consummate business strategy crafted by Alfred P. Sloan, Jr., the MIT-trained genius behind General Motors, to expand auto sales and maximize profits by eliminating streetcars. In 1922, according to GM's own files, Sloan established a special unit within the corporation which was charged, among other things, with the task of replacing America's electric railways with cars, trucks and buses.
Alex
New Yeah, seen that story before
I doubt more than a fraction of a percent of the people who saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit know that the scheme behind it all was based on real life.
--

Drew
     What it's like inside Chrysler today. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Sounds like a slow implosion. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I had an idea tonight - (drook) - (8)
             so who gets to cover the spread? - (boxley) - (7)
                 Your understanding is wrong - (drook) - (6)
                     didnt know that, thanx -NT - (boxley)
                     I haven't seen the movie, but... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         I'd have to see it again to get the details better - (drook) - (3)
                             I'll have to check it out. Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Could be deja vu for GM. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 Yeah, seen that story before - (drook)

It's Howdy Doody Time!
47 ms