I was a few days late to the party, but the new tabs struck me as both ugly and impractical, and after a day I was ready to revert, speed, new features and eye candy be damned. Fortunately, as others have discovered, a couple of lines in the terminal.app made everything right. It occurs to me that if my browsing habits were not largely impeccable I would be inclined to kill CoverFlow and Top Sites, but as it is the odd spouse or visitor looking in will typically see merely a boring old screenful of news sites, tech sites and political blogs rather than a compendium of cycleslut.com "greatest hit" JPEGs. It's also good to have the old progress bar back rather than the uninformative grey gear, which always seems to have been spinning for an eternity even after a few seconds. I haven't restored the reload button, as it was a feature I seldom used, but it's nice to know that it too can be retrieved at need. Here's hoping that these functionalities are retained as options (maybe even on the preferences level?) when the program moves past "public beta."

cordially,