IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Minor correction.
Take Clinton's impeachment for example. I felt (personally) disillusioned by what he did. On my scale, it was enough to feel that I wished he resigned. Ashton and Khasim didn't feel it was enough for them.
Hmmm, maybe this belongs over in Politics.

Actually, I'd see it more like this.
#1. No sex with anyone but the wife.
#2. Failing #1, tell the truth.
#3. Failing #'s 1 & 2, behave with dignity (this might mean resigning to preserve the "honour" of the office).

I know that's confusing to a lot of people.

The problem was that he was being hounded for ANYTHING that they could get on him and when they found the sex item, they focused on that without realizing that it wasn't anything that LOTS of politicians had done before.

Now, Clinton didn't behave with any degree of honour during the entire 8 years he was President. But this isn't anything new, either.

My position on the subject is that it was a witch hunt by his political rivals to find ANYTHING they could use to hang him with.

NOT that it was motivated out of any sense of outrage or affront at his activities while in office (well, his non-political activiities).

And >THAT< is the part that annoys me. Trying to hang someone for something that everyone else is doing and wanting to appear holy for doing so when you're doing nothing more than attempting to further your own political agenda.

Hmmmm, but I think that is also part of what "politican" means.

New And now that that is done.....
But they apparently have subjectively judged that the "good" that this man did outweighed the "indiscretion".
Nope. But "good" and "bad" are relative to a moral structure. Although I use those words for shorthand, I don't believe in them.

I see actions and consequences.

Certain actions will have consequences that result in circumstances that I prefer (or want to avoid).

That doesn't make the actions "right" or "wrong".

And the actions can't be weighted or balanced. That's a value judgement.

As for Agnostic, I can agree with that.
-BUT-
That doesn't stop me from making a decision whether to support or fight someone's religion based upon the actions/consequences/circumstances I see in it (and resulting from it).
I may not be able to determine whether your God exists, but that doesn't stop me from deciding whether I want to help build the world you think he wants or to fight against it.
     If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? - (Brandioch) - (54)
         Fine, I'll fillet the red herring - (drewk) - (1)
             Ummmm, I said there wasn't one. Or did you miss that? - (Brandioch)
         Oh, the truth about people? - (boxley) - (38)
             Exactly. - (Brandioch) - (34)
                 Oh, I see the problem - (drewk) - (33)
                     You're actually getting closer (how long has it taken?) - (Brandioch) - (25)
                         Try to keep it separate - (drewk) - (24)
                             Drew, you are an idiot. - (Brandioch) - (23)
                                 Is it the truth that Drew is an idiot? - (marlowe) - (22)
                                     I believe I have already explained that. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                                         Filters are changeable - (boxley)
                                         Okay, so there's no "Truth" but there is "Reality" - (drewk) - (16)
                                             Those 'things' (!) which "cannot be perceived" - - (Ashton)
                                             That's why I told you to read the OTHER thread. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                 Your 'caveat' is exactly the opposite of what I said - (drewk) - (13)
                                                     Awwww, did I hurt your feelings? - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                         Interesting development - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                             Hey, I'm not the one who's hiding. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                                                                 Er. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                                     Not going to happen. - (Brandioch) - (8)
                                                                         Ah... so... other people's behavior... - (admin) - (7)
                                                                             No need for an excuse. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                                                 In that case... - (admin)
                                                                             Whaaaaaaaaaaaa - (screamer) - (4)
                                                                                 Never said it was anything other than opinion. - (admin) - (3)
                                                                                     Unfair! - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                                         Re: Unfair! - (admin) - (1)
                                                                                             Please? - (ben_tilly)
                                         Your filters are not the universe's fault. - (marlowe) - (2)
                                             Your filters can't be removed. Only modified. Slightly. - (Another Scott)
                                             Where did I lose you? - (Brandioch)
                     If an egg falls on a chicken, which came first? - (screamer) - (6)
                         I though I was pretty clear on that one - (drewk) - (5)
                             Okay... Just making sure... - (screamer) - (4)
                                 OT - Sixteen inches? - (drewk) - (3)
                                     It was extremely hard... - (screamer) - (2)
                                         That's the great thing about Seattle. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             seattle where even the toe jams are green :) -NT - (boxley)
             Ah. What the heck do you know about people? - (screamer) - (2)
                 Of course they are easy to train - (boxley) - (1)
                     Oh, the old "free will" argument... - (screamer)
         Re: If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound? - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
             Ahhhh, that's the crux of the issue. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                 I don't think so - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
                     Which is an application of my position. - (Brandioch)
                     And I've been getting even crazier than that... - (screamer) - (6)
                         Just a small difference, I think - (drewk) - (1)
                             No difference. At least not in my book. - (screamer)
                         Minor correction. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                             And now that that is done..... - (Brandioch)
                         Quite close enough - (Ashton)
                         More arguments over definitions - (JayMehaffey)
         If a man speaks in the forest - (Silverlock) - (1)
             ..then he's prolly just tellin war stories - (Ashton)

Powered (for now) by thermodynamics!
74 ms