Good Thinking.

A strip of that + oft times, a toothpick or v-thin spatula (as for chemicals) has, more than once SMA. Hate It when I, similarly, put something in-something sans its container; nothing to cuss at but moi.

Once used double-sided tape, attached in an air-lock to an existing probe -- to retrieve a tiny part of a second gadget, at high vacuum. The tape splotch was on a small length of chain and we wriggled the probe in/out + twist; finally the weight of chain + goo attached: saved letting up-to-air a substantial volume of accelerator vacuum chamber and many wasted hours.

Congrats on your innovation -- it's only obvious afterwards.

17" Macbook - maybe. No mention of soldered-in battery pack, at the time.
(I guess that Powerbook is now an obsolete, but IMO more-ept sobriquet.) There was something like that, connected to an also-new 24" monitor; the guy said something about a 'new' digital teensy connector 'twixt the two, apparently using HDTV protocols (already out there. Not proprietary.) Apple-guy wasn't able to inform about that part: that only the connector was new on micros; Apple being first to incorporate (the protocol, I assume.) Fine display, of course, but then the Store is full of seductive stuff.

Build quality of all items appears about equal to that of Tektronix, way-back; have seen very few 'consumer' things that can earn that comparison. Even the teensiest iPod (Shuttle?) seems milled out of an alloy ingot and finished to perfection.

Still, was not tempted {much}; in a Depression cash is King.