IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Apple cores and Stores.
Reminds me of a similar but not really similar story:

I bought my mom an iPhone for Christmas. I was helping her transfer the SIM card from her old Smartphone to the iPhone. I popped the card out of the old phone and popped out the tray that holds the SIM card in the iPhone and ... proceeded to stick the SIM card directly into the iPhone. I spent the next hour fiddling with toothpicks trying to get it out without dissasembling the phone or suffering the embarassment of bringing it into the store (got it at an AT&T store instead of the local Apple Store). I finally looked online for tips from others that may have committed a similar brainfart and found one that suggested using scotch tape. Thankfully that did the trick and she now has a functioning phone. I'm jealous. Now I want one when my contract comes up in a few months. My Windows Mobile phone just isn't cutting it UI wise.

BTW, did anyone see the new 17" MacBook? Non-removeable (albeit 8 hour) battery!. I'm sure they replace it at the Apple Store for a small fee though.
New Ah yess - Scotch-tape -
Good Thinking.

A strip of that + oft times, a toothpick or v-thin spatula (as for chemicals) has, more than once SMA. Hate It when I, similarly, put something in-something sans its container; nothing to cuss at but moi.

Once used double-sided tape, attached in an air-lock to an existing probe -- to retrieve a tiny part of a second gadget, at high vacuum. The tape splotch was on a small length of chain and we wriggled the probe in/out + twist; finally the weight of chain + goo attached: saved letting up-to-air a substantial volume of accelerator vacuum chamber and many wasted hours.

Congrats on your innovation -- it's only obvious afterwards.

17" Macbook - maybe. No mention of soldered-in battery pack, at the time.
(I guess that Powerbook is now an obsolete, but IMO more-ept sobriquet.) There was something like that, connected to an also-new 24" monitor; the guy said something about a 'new' digital teensy connector 'twixt the two, apparently using HDTV protocols (already out there. Not proprietary.) Apple-guy wasn't able to inform about that part: that only the connector was new on micros; Apple being first to incorporate (the protocol, I assume.) Fine display, of course, but then the Store is full of seductive stuff.

Build quality of all items appears about equal to that of Tektronix, way-back; have seen very few 'consumer' things that can earn that comparison. Even the teensiest iPod (Shuttle?) seems milled out of an alloy ingot and finished to perfection.

Still, was not tempted {much}; in a Depression cash is King.

Apple cores and Stores. - (Ashton) - (4)
         do you take your car to the dealership when out of warranty? - (boxley) - (1)
             Interesting example - - (Ashton)
         Re: Apple cores and Stores. - (altmann) - (1)
             Ah yess - Scotch-tape - - (Ashton)

I'd interracially copulate with an alien at this point, and take it to breakfast even.
65 ms