because a car dealership is the Opposite of the craziness which is The Apple Store:
you are led to a sepulchral/quiet place to hash out the color of the lizard-skin accents and whether you want the straight-4 or the DOHC intercooled supercharged V-8.

Yes, the companies' aims are similar -- but at least car dealers comprehend that details cannot be discussed ... OVER A CACOPHONY of incessant duration.

And indeed: those who are unwilling to acquire even just a few hints about the product, prices of memory and such before showing up at one of these circuses -- are these hucksers' lawful prey. (Still, the technical ken of the couple Apple folk queried was certainly far below 'technician' -- they're flat-out sales droids. Not the impression intentionally given in the ads.)

At least: the hardware is clearly superbly done, down to the smallest detail -- like the magnetic PS-plug; trip over power cord? Nothing Happens. Expensive box remains on desk.

Priceless. How's come nobody else figured That one out?

Exceptions abound, though:
my local Acura dealer.. til a couple years ago offered:
Oil/filter change (I brought my own syn-oil), eyeball inspection all-around AND a detailer-grade car wash gratis: for ~$24. Etc.