For a while, my favourite was Cointreau and Lemonade. I also liked Aura, which was a Cointreau-based pre-mixed drink, but you can't get it now.

More recently, someone had me try Rum and Coke. And I've loved it ever since. For preference, I'll choose Bacardi and Coke, but Bundaberg and Coke is okay, too.

Not into beer. It doesn't do anything for me.

And as for wine... I prefer a good, dark red. My absolute favourite is called Limelight from Hazelgrove Winery in South Australia, but it's rare as hen's teeth to get, only comes cleanskin and I guess would be up around AU$60 a bottle if they sold it in stores. I only had it the once. It has a chocolately flavour. Next best is Hazelgrove's normal red - I can't remember if it's a Merlot or a Shiraz or a blend or something else again. Again, dark, lots of tannins - leaves a tidemark in your glass. :-) It's a red that needs to breath a while before you drink it; it gets significantly better when you let it do that.

I'll drink a white, note, but it needs body. Fortunately, that seems to be in vogue at the moment. But those light, almost watery whites are useless.

Wade.