IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, too many and too changeable to pin down . . .
. . though I almost always enjoy a good single malt scotch whiskey ("paint stripper" according to Peter W, but we know he has "issues").

Armenian beer is excellent, took a 6-pack of Kotayk to a gathering last night and it was appreciated by all who tried it.

I've got some really fine 150 proof tequila but I don't feel like going out to the garage and digging it out from where I've got the bottles hid right now to tell what brand.

Now I remember finishing a flat round bottle of Virreges aged amber tequila (only 88 proof though) some years back and wishing I'd bought more when I could get it cheap. A few months later, while cleaning out the back of a cupboard, I found another five bottles, so apparently I did.

Old Overholt rye whisky is good (though there are better) and Marnier Cognac (the stuff they make Grand Marnier out of) is excellent (though there is better). Lesser cognac I keep on hand as cold medicine (it doesn't make you better but you don't notice).

And for when I want to project myself into an alternate reality, I keep a bottle of Ouzo on hand (R. Thomopoulos & Sons).

And down in the crawl space under the house is a case of vintage port that was absolutely fabulous 15 years ago. Some day, while I'm down there replacing iron pipes with copper I should pull out a bottle and be transported. It's been on hold for a cold winter day with a roaring fire and a nice warm (and deserving) chicky, but such a chicky has never appeared so I might as well swill it.

Sweet stuff I'm not that into, but I have a bunch of ancient bottles of Mandarine Napolion that is most excellent (took me a while to find a bottle the silverfish hadn't stripped the tasty label from so I could get the spelling). I've used it more as a flavoring for pork but it's excellent for sipping too. And a mango liqueur, Mango de Sabroso is precious, but I'm almost out.

For desert, straight from the freezer, Carlsbad Becherovka (Becher bitters - Czech Republic) is hellish hard to beat - I've only got a few bottles left - I shoulda bought more.

But let me tell you about this bottle of corn whisky Bob Barnes gave me. Bob and Lou went on vacation and left their house in the keep of a young Mexican lad. He had a party and their liquor stash was drained to the last drop - except this bottle of genuine American corn whisky - as close to certified moonshine as you'll ever find with a revnoo sticker on it.

And I do have some tequila brought back from Mexico by Stew, a friend and client. I imbibe a few drops now and then just for drill. It's "bottled" in the exact same plastic cube container 90 weight hypoid gear oil used to come in - and I think it's related.

Well, there's more, a lot more, but sipping all this stuff to refresh my memory has mellowed me out, and Symphonia Antartica has just finished, so I think I'm going to bed now.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Most Entertaining Story Award!!!
I'm sitting here, giggling till my sides hurt. (okay, not hard for me, but still, I appreciate the amount of effort you put into your response. Makes me want to fly out there to sample all your listed goodies and hear some more great stories :-)

/me also wonders what hoot it would be to treasure hunt for more bottles of distilled goodness in your house
Smile,
Amy
     What is your favorite beverage... - (imqwerky) - (27)
         Beer 420, mount gay rum key lime coke, old granpa red wine -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             never heard of Beer 420 or old grandpa red wine -NT - (imqwerky)
         Bourbon, Scotch and beer. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
             Buzzzzzz! I said, "Be Specific!" - (imqwerky) - (1)
                 Re: Buzzzzzz! I said, "Be Specific!" - (bepatient)
         My, that didn't last long - (crazy) - (4)
             Did you expect it to? - (Andrew Grygus)
             Actually..... - (imqwerky) - (2)
                 Not too bad - (crazy)
                 you missed the bash, he drinks rockstar now -NT - (boxley)
         #258226, #225308, #185263. - (Another Scott)
         Beer mostly - (Steve Lowe)
         Oh, too many and too changeable to pin down . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Most Entertaining Story Award!!! - (imqwerky)
         18 year Glenmorangie neat or on the rocks. - (folkert)
         My preference is spirits. - (static)
         [Dup ignore] -NT - (static)
         Current favs - (Silverlock) - (9)
             tried that, prefer Zywiec or Okocim fixed subject - (boxley)
             Isnt that Youngs Double Chocolate Stout good? - (bionerd) - (7)
                 They should call it "Double Yummy" -NT - (Silverlock) - (6)
                     Yeah, but then only 20 something girls would buy it - (bionerd) - (5)
                         Remember "Tickle Pink"? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Ahhh.,, Boones Farm - (bionerd)
                         Giggling's okay by me. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                             "Upspeak"? (new thread) - (CRConrad)

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!
44 ms