IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I am going to be blunty honest here as well
First off, you do not know the whole picture or all the deamons that I have fought my entire life.

I was able to quit smoking and drinking, and I did what I could to improve on myself. Some things I may not be able to improve on. My former employer thought that I was not meeting my true potential, whatever that was, which may be true, but the reason why I cannot meet that potential has to do with my depression, and other medical issues, plus the fact that management was not willing to work with me to get around or work around them. You can sit there on your side of the screen and lay 100% of the blame on me and my attitude all you want, I know for a fact that there is a lot I cannot control. Do I want to change? H*ll yes! Can I change? I've tried for a long time, since I was a child. My doctor says I have improved in many areas, but I still need improvement. Is this something I can do in a short time? I do not think so. I had a better attitude before I worked for the lawfirm, in 1997. After working there the job drained all my self respect, all my patience, my will to live, and my happiness, etc. I became the creature that you outlined in your post, after working for four and a half years for the lawfirm. You cannot place 100% of the blame on me.

Whining? Maybe. My illness makes me blurt stuff out sometimes, and blurt it out in forums on the Internet like this one. TMI some have said, but I just cannot stop myself.

Which would be better for my wife and son, a majorly depressed Norm, or a dead Norm? Right now, there is no other alternative. As soon as I change that tape in my head, the illness changes it back. I cannot see my doctor over this due to scheduling conflicts and insurance switching. If I go into a hospital, I'll lose the current job. I have no safety net to fall back on, so I am marching into the face of the enemy with no support and no help. The only thing that has saved me thus far is that when I get suicidal I tell someone, and something gets done to prevent me from offing myself. If I just held it in and didn't whine or complain, I would have died when I was a teenager.

yes I have made mistakes, and I have tried to learn from them. Apparently I tick people off without even trying. So much that there are a group of people after me, and spoofing me on the Yahoo Clubs and Message boards, using my real name, address, phone number, and other stuff they collected on me on the Yahoo areas. Yahoo does not give a sh*t about it, and their Clubs and Message boards are almost total anarchy. They never returned any of my phone calls or emails about the subject. A lot of the stuff, the spoofers made up about me to make me look bad.

I am not just going to get better overnight, I got a brain chemesty imbalance that needs to be treated with medicine. It had been suggested that I take EST or CT to treat it, but I think such meathods are those of quackery. Nobody is going to shock me or pour chemicals into my brain or body.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Nope, you aren't going to get better over night.
Neither am I.

There is always room for improvement. Don't let what your doctor says kick you down - we all could use some self-improvement.

People on Yahoo impersonating you? Okay. Deal with it. It's not your fault, but it is your responsibility.

Note that nowhere did I talk about BLAME. I talked about RESPONSIBILITY.

BLAME is how we try to avoid RESPONSIBILITY.

I don't BLAME you for becoming what you did at the law firm. Hell, I might have, given the same circumstances. What is in your hands now is the RESPONSIBILITY to do better. BLAME makes people feel better, but it doesn't solve anything.

Finally, good luck. I know it's hard to deal with, I'm fighting the same demons you are. What (in my opinion) you need to do is to find the inner strength to look at the darkness and laugh. Ever read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever? Saltheart Foamfollower would laugh through his pain, his mistakes, his mistrust of the world - and would come through purified. I laugh at my pain, my trials, my unemployment - and I am content.

Fight well, my friend.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New As a 30 year Chronic Severe Depression in....
The early stages of recovery, I am continuing to see improvements.

I had(and still have) a severe chemical imbalance caused by my depression, caused by my female parental unit (my MOM, and no Christian you still do not want to "date" her) starting at an early age (pre-8 years or as far as I can honestly remember). Got lots of other Demons and skeletons to deal with too.

I started out on Prozac a very light dose about 4 years ago. I saw an ALMOST immediate turn around of my attitude. of course any change from zero is astronomical. Then about 2.5 years ago, I started to realized I was falling back into the depressive state, or at least I started to feel the gnawing feeling I used to have. My wife also saw the rolling back. My doctor doubled and then quadrupled my doasge... no change after 6 months, but no slide back. He put me on Effexor, a mild dose at 37.5mg a day. That worked for about 6 months, before the it started to roll back again. Doctor doubled my dosage again to 75mg, made a tremendous difference, again for about 6 months. Changed my dosage again to 150mg, it is starting to peter out again, just took longer.

Doctor said he is going to increase it one more time to 225mg before the heavies are brought to bear. You know the ones with real side-effects.

Before my doctor and I started all this, he had an Endochronologist do a full and complete set of chemical tests (I studied real hard for them...;). Hmmm SHE found I have early stages of Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Plus a really serious serotonin deficiency (hmm...imagine that).

Moral of the story is, GET to the Doctor... MAKE the time... It'll only get worse it you don't. It took my wife threatening to do things, and actually tricking me into going to get me there. But hey, that was my problem.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New It may mean that I have to quit my current job
to get a time that I can see my doctor to get to talk to him about it. I have no comp time or UPTO (unpaid time off) until I am there for 90 days. It hasn't been 30 days yet. According to MO Unemployment I can quit a job due to unsuitable work. DeSitter told me that getting payed a very low salary can qualify as unsuitable work, and I quit before 28 days are up on the job from the hire date. Anyone know the full law?

One of my coworkers at work told me that if the depression was bad enough, I may qualify for disability, but I am not sure how much that pays and if my other medical problems are bad enough to qualify. I am near 275 pounds now, I gained some more weight after starting this job. If I reach 300, I guess that is the Homer Simpson clause? I am trying to lose weight, but it keeps on coming back.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New It may mean that should put...
your real priorities in order. I had to before things started to work. Make sure you take care of you first. If you don, taint knowwunelse gunna.

Any job employer can make time for these kinds of things, there isn't one I know of that won't. Sure they grumble about it, but for them it is far better to have an employee healthy(both physically and mentally) and better able to work well.

I DO know this: if you don't take care of it, it WILL eat you up and spit you out, without batting an eye, with IT being depression.

Make sure you convey your problems to your supervisor, if that does not make a difference, go higher, and higher till it does. Sure I have been there, matter of fact recently with myself I had to go through these kinds of things (Dec 21st was a day off without pay or suspension as some amy call it), so I am still dealing with things.

Cannot stress that you need to get your NEW employer in the loop as far as what is going on. Please, please, stop making things worse by quitting or by doing nothing. UPTO as you call it, is guaranteed by the FMLA. Even if you have only been there a VERY short time. Claim it if you have to but do SOMETHING!

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
     Norm, I'm going to be bluntly honest here. - (inthane-chan) - (26)
         I am going to be blunty honest here as well - (nking) - (4)
             Nope, you aren't going to get better over night. - (inthane-chan)
             As a 30 year Chronic Severe Depression in.... - (folkert) - (2)
                 It may mean that I have to quit my current job - (nking) - (1)
                     It may mean that should put... - (folkert)
         Good Job. - (Steve Lowe)
         Going through hell in my own way, too - (wharris2) - (19)
             I've been to hell many times - (nking) - (18)
                 Believe it or not, Norm... - (Another Scott) - (17)
                     Sort of like count your blessings? - (nking) - (16)
                         Stop blaming the outside world - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                             I am not blaming the outside world - (nking) - (4)
                                 Bullsh*t - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                     Bullsh*t mark 2 - (nking) - (2)
                                         ???? - (rsf) - (1)
                                             I wanted to do that - (nking)
                         IF you can... - (folkert) - (9)
                             I have tried to do that - (nking) - (8)
                                 *SHRUGS* - (folkert) - (1)
                                     My opinion exactly - (ben_tilly)
                                 Try again - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                     Ok then, here I go - (nking) - (4)
                                         That's your only other option? - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                             I am not in my right mind - (nking)
                                         change docs, call around for a free clinic - (boxley) - (1)
                                             I have looked - (nking)

I thought it was Run Away From the Dots.
139 ms