IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Altruism"? You make me laugh!
I know it's no big secret to you, but I have very little confidence in our system of checks and balances or in the altruism of the Congress, the White House or the Supreme Court.
The same lack of confidence was enshrined in our Constitution. The government will, because of human nature, seek to control every aspect of people's lives and remove every personal freedom.

Now, the only way I can see to stop this is to cut through the rhetoric and jingo and blah words that pass for "political discussion".

If we can take each right / responsibility apart to its basic components, we can have an actual DISCUSSION.

We can also illustrate how the rights and responsibilities of the individual and the society are linked.

I'm not paranoid enough to think there is a vast conspiracy and based on my experience with the government, I doubt that they could ever coordinate such a major conspiracy.
No real conspiracy. Just human nature. People with a psychological need to control others finding their way into governmental positions. And the cycle continues.

The rights we lose through bureaucracy will only be regained through revolution.

Or, there MIGHT be another way.
>IF< enough people are educated on the process and willing to put the effort in, the laws removing the rights can be repealed. The rights can be codified.

The only problem I see is that the process will take actual effort. Effort spent >THINKING< instead of restating current slogans. Effort spent writing the laws and pushing them through the legal system.

The sheep will believe whatever tripe is fed to them by the government (populated by people seeking to take their rights).

Well, they'll believe it as long as they can be kept warm, fat and happy (ignorance is bliss).

And, yes, most people are sheep who can't even name their congress-critters. I won't even go into world history or even US history or international politics.

Jingoism appeals to emotions.
Discussion appeals to intellect.
We can change the situation. If we want to and if we have the dedication to do so.
Or we can sit back and let whatever will happen, happen.
New The Founding Mothers were so prescient that,
they anticipated your last conclusion! and enshrined it for all time, in the pithy sentence

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

Whenever we forget the regular, unfailing 'action' implicit in that principle - we'll trade citizenship for the label consumer; replace vigilance... with indifference, shopping and - Tee Vee infotainment.

The Watchtower (religious) Society got One thing right,

Awake!
     A possible explanation of liberalism - (marlowe) - (38)
         Ya trolling for something? - (screamer) - (37)
             I find myself in a strange position... - (Silverlock) - (32)
                 Even stranger... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Et moi.. Migawd~!____it's full of stars! - (Ashton)
                     And lions will lie down with lambs... - (jb4)
                 And I find myself in an even stranger one... - (screamer) - (28)
                     Do it! - (Brandioch) - (5)
                         I'll start. Here's my link... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             I didn't know... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Sorry for the deception - kindred spirit only I'm afraid ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Can I have some fries with that manifesto? - (screamer) - (1)
                             As to that Danofesto.. - (Ashton)
                     still working on mine but like this one - (boxley) - (7)
                         Great catalog of familiar vanities, but - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Did you ever make to the Stone or the Fillmores? - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Just.. Mothers (of Invention) at the Fillmore, mostly. - (Ashton)
                             too busy dodging Manson's bevy of beauties :) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Inevitably the saner parts were eclipsed by the usual.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     That was an absolutely great rant and it was hard - (boxley)
                         Finally got around to reading it - (drewk)
                     I like those definitions. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                         liberal thought in 1962 - (boxley) - (2)
                             Funny... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 bobbyK!=ashole? him and his brother boinking - (boxley)
                         You say chicken, I say egg? - (screamer) - (8)
                             Toe-may-toe or Tah-mah-toe? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 You say "arms" and I say "nukes"... - (screamer) - (6)
                                     Nuke 'em 'till they glow. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         It is all a matter of degrees - (screamer) - (4)
                                             Unless you think Shakespeare missed something important - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 So, is ya a Libreel or ain't ya? - (screamer)
                                             "Altruism"? You make me laugh! - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 The Founding Mothers were so prescient that, - (Ashton)
                         Re: I like those definitions. - (Durandal)
             2-dimensional axis - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Try this one - (drewk) - (2)
                     at least one sneaky question in there - (boxley)
                     Kick ass! - (Brandioch)

Three cheers for literacy... I feel sick.
55 ms