IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Great catalog of familiar vanities, but
out of all that great material you pick out a minor screed on the special vanities of the 'hippies' (whatever the Fuck that might mean, given how randomly it's applied as epithet).

Hmmm did she hit a nerve there - Mr. wannabe harem curator? Imaginin yer Gawd's Gift to Vaginas or somethin?

Ashton
Tough shit, baby - you missed Berkeley, but I didn't ;-)
(I didn't even miss the City Lights Bookstore scene and The Black Cat Cafe, too.)

Nyaa nyaa nyaaaaa :-\ufffd
New Did you ever make to the Stone or the Fillmores?
I know it's across the pond, but it was well worth it in the seventies... Even the early eighties (if you liked the leather and studs and spiked mohawks...)

Another movement that has turned into an anachronism (seen the play, Hip Hippy Hooray lately?) - as it probably should have for the most part. Too much emphasis on "now", on self gratification, on intuition. Definately not a good thing.

The major contradiction - who was gov of hippyland for the better part of the seventies??? Moohoohahahahahaha.... Dichotomies R us... That's why I'm so found of my term - hippycrits...

We've come full circle, haven't we?
On a lighter note, I miss the weekend boardwalk jaunts to Santa Cruz. And feeding the seals and sea lions. Never could get those damned otters into the game! They must have been conservative.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"Whatever happened to all that feel good hippy shit"

Psychoderelict - P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
New Just.. Mothers (of Invention) at the Fillmore, mostly.
Rock never my forte. Amplified geetars n' stuff - generally make my head hurt. Mothers much too loud too, but at least they were real musicians and had something to say - and Zappa was a virtuoso kinda guy. (Ian Underwood I knew pre-Mothers: when he was playing Mozart at Hertz Hall! ;-)

Anyway.. the whole period has become a rich broth for each newbie to manufacture YAN This IS the Way It Was.. Honest! I have no delusion that "the THIS that I saw" was any more than an infinitesimal slice of a holographic organism. Among the so-called (and now eviscerated, deconstructed, Disneylandized) "hippies" were some genuine mensch of both genders, along with the usual opportunists, so about That Time:

Those who Know don't Say.
Those who Say don't Know.

All I'll venture is: there were a fucking Lot more *Alive* people around Then - than the pissant, led-to-slaughter Corp. consumer-sheep du jour. I believe that something Important for the maturing of Murica beyond its perennial adolescence:
Died-Dead, largely related-to the three assassinations between '63 and '68 -- and the growing catastrophe of Vietnam (whose effects we have yet to face with any guts).

Ashton
Wondering if we'll survive the double-whammy of a Dubya AND an Ashcroft.. that sanctimonious twit + some new Troglodyte on the USSC [??] could generate buckets o' Fundamentalist blood on the steps.. y'know?
New too busy dodging Manson's bevy of beauties :)
Naw, I just found that paticular part highly amusing as it exactly nailed the communes dead center. I am not his gift to the vagina, I am rather a worshipper of the device. I personally considered myself a yippie ala hoffman rather than a hippy.
The era of love peace and acid was brought down by speed and heroin. The hippies called me a biker and the bikers mostly left me to my own devices. Used to have a tshirt .0001er, just confused em. Time I got to the height mother speed and mayhem had taken over.
thanx,
"I'm selling a hammer," he says. "They can beat nails with it, or their dog."
Richard Eaton spy software innovator
New Inevitably the saner parts were eclipsed by the usual..
Actually I find more incisive thought in the screed you linked to; the lady who fired one at one o' our PopIcons - than any Univ. 'grade' psych / sociology course. This woman had good taste: picked an appropriate target for her pea shooter and, while there is bitterness from experience, in her phraseology:

She has the guts to notice the layers and layers of 'traditional Farmily Valuez' which are, even more cynical a construct than her's! (need I add IMnsHO?) The entire male/female relationship in most places simply mirrors the BS about "the compassionate rich" VS the "poor because they are lazy" and the other Murican fantasies we were fed with the pabulum about this bein a 'democracy'. No wonder the occasional female loses it.. and starts gunning for anything wearing gonads and spouting drivel. Thanks for that link - made my whole day!

As a life-long 'biker' of a sort, I'm not unfamiliar with stereotypes about most any 'just slightly Different' assemblage in Puritan Murica. It's how I learned how the mob Really operates = every bully is a scared shitless little boy, just like the lady said.

Your take on the arrival of crank/speed etc. seems about right - and as inevitable as.. Billy givin away a few pittances to try to create a different rep from "autistic brat sociopath". Hypocritical little prick..

I can't fault the Angels, say, for collectin toys fer tots n'such periodic PR, too: in Murica all there IS is 'image' - and you can remanufacture that anytime.

'Least we gots Hunter Thompson / Fear and Loathing in [Everywhere] / Tom Lehrer, Geo Carlin! .. for occasional breaths of fresh air amidst the daily drivel. Maybe we fucking *Deserve* the sanctimonious cadaver-face of the Holy Twit Ashcroft - to rub our noses in how fucking Ridiculous we have become, as a 'nation' and especially as: "an example of how to live on this planet\ufffd". Poetic Justice!

Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle.. Cackle..

What a horrific denouement! to.. the magnificent Vision of the Founding Mothers: that 'we' have become such a banal, Puritan-fearful, theological-besotted bunch of Corporate drones, let into our cubicles each dawn, to slave away for the 3% Super-Rats as are always behind the scenes, wallowing in terminal greed. (Thanks Holly Golightly, for That epithet!). RIP Audrey Hepburn - you too were a breath of fresh air VS the usual self-obsessed 'star' (I met her, before Roman Holiday came out and she became a Super Object of Attention: Class.)

Well.. enough pleasantries for this fine foggy Thursday. So aside from That Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Ashton
Maybe we deserve Ari Fleisher too: remember.. WATCH WHAT YOU SAY! <<< OK: Fuck You Too, Ari! Bite me.
New That was an absolutely great rant and it was hard
keeping the bursts of chagrined chuckles from escaping the cube as she had a laser pointed at who and what we are.
thanx,
bill
"I'm selling a hammer," he says. "They can beat nails with it, or their dog."
Richard Eaton spy software innovator
     A possible explanation of liberalism - (marlowe) - (38)
         Ya trolling for something? - (screamer) - (37)
             I find myself in a strange position... - (Silverlock) - (32)
                 Even stranger... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Et moi.. Migawd~!____it's full of stars! - (Ashton)
                     And lions will lie down with lambs... - (jb4)
                 And I find myself in an even stranger one... - (screamer) - (28)
                     Do it! - (Brandioch) - (5)
                         I'll start. Here's my link... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             I didn't know... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Sorry for the deception - kindred spirit only I'm afraid ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Can I have some fries with that manifesto? - (screamer) - (1)
                             As to that Danofesto.. - (Ashton)
                     still working on mine but like this one - (boxley) - (7)
                         Great catalog of familiar vanities, but - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Did you ever make to the Stone or the Fillmores? - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Just.. Mothers (of Invention) at the Fillmore, mostly. - (Ashton)
                             too busy dodging Manson's bevy of beauties :) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Inevitably the saner parts were eclipsed by the usual.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     That was an absolutely great rant and it was hard - (boxley)
                         Finally got around to reading it - (drewk)
                     I like those definitions. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                         liberal thought in 1962 - (boxley) - (2)
                             Funny... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 bobbyK!=ashole? him and his brother boinking - (boxley)
                         You say chicken, I say egg? - (screamer) - (8)
                             Toe-may-toe or Tah-mah-toe? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 You say "arms" and I say "nukes"... - (screamer) - (6)
                                     Nuke 'em 'till they glow. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         It is all a matter of degrees - (screamer) - (4)
                                             Unless you think Shakespeare missed something important - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 So, is ya a Libreel or ain't ya? - (screamer)
                                             "Altruism"? You make me laugh! - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 The Founding Mothers were so prescient that, - (Ashton)
                         Re: I like those definitions. - (Durandal)
             2-dimensional axis - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Try this one - (drewk) - (2)
                     at least one sneaky question in there - (boxley)
                     Kick ass! - (Brandioch)

Denying simple readings of the process.
99 ms