IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New last time we wanted a bridge to the airport
the entire country howled about not paying for it. Infrastructure is hugely expensive to build and once built no one wants to own maintenance costs. As a local bloviator said they had money for a new stadium, museums, bear exhibits but no money for bridge repair.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Please, not the bridge to nowhere.
$250M for bridge to an island with 50 residents. There is no shortage of land in Alaska. Move the frickin airport!

The Feds need to pass on the collected fuel taxes in a state to the state w/o Congressional pork barrel back room deals. If the Feds do minor coordination and monitoring of the proper expenditure of these funds we'd get much better return on the buck. Congress is unfit to make local decisions.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New move the frikken airport where? to the mountain side?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Yeah, the geography's a problem.
[link|http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gravina+island&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.462243,60.556641&ie=UTF8&ll=55.351793,-131.694489&spn=0.052604,0.118275&t=k&z=13&om=1|Google Maps] for the proposed "Bridge to Nowhere" location.

It doesn't look like a good use for the money.

[link|http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2005/08/09/bridges/index.html|Salon]'s story about it (and the other proposed bridge for Anchorage) makes it sound like a boondoggle. Sen. Stevens should have made a better case for it, rather than throwing tantrums, if it really was a good use for the money.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Catastrophic bridge collapse in Minneapolis. - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
         The scapegoat is e'n now being assigned. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Catastrophic bridge collapse in Minneapolis. - (Steve Lowe) - (5)
             Yep, it's a sad day and my heart goes out those folks! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 Still work here - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                     I hope she's happy you're Ok rather than upset! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         After making me wear supper - (jbrabeck)
             Not quite right - (jbrabeck)
         Re: Unique design - (hnick) - (1)
             Long span - (jbrabeck)
         So *this* is the bridge to the 21st century - (rcareaga) - (5)
             last time we wanted a bridge to the airport - (boxley) - (3)
                 Please, not the bridge to nowhere. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     move the frikken airport where? to the mountain side? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Yeah, the geography's a problem. - (Another Scott)
             Must take issue with - (Ashton)

I valued your opinion more when I was being paid to.
70 ms